is there any other way for verizon to see moisture in droid?

tktouch12

Reaction score
is the only way to verizon to see if your phone got wet the one cirlce under the battery door?
or do they have another secret way to tell?

my droid got wet, but the sticker by the battery says it never got wet, so do they have another one?

thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
is the only way to verizon to see if your phone got wet the one cirlce under the battery door?
or do they have another secret way to tell?

my droid got wet, but the sticker by the battery says it never got wet, so do they have another one?

thanks

No, that's the only way they know. But I think I remember there are 3 of those stickers. Sorry, don't know where they are located at.

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
No, that's the only way they know. But I think I remember there are 3 of those stickers. Sorry, don't know where they are located at.

so.. that didnt completely make sense. there are three of them? or only that one? the battery has one, so that could be another, but you think there is one more also?

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
there is a whiteish/greyish dot in the bottom of the headphone jack. that might be where the plug sits or maybe its an iphone-like moisture sensor?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't remember where they are at, I'm not even certain that I'm correct. Like I said I think I remember hearing there are 3 markers.

I'm not going to encourage you to return something under warranty that you may have damaged but if you don't have insurance and they catch it it's not like they will throw you in jail.

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
ok. ya i know its not a huge deal, but i figured i'd just try to figure out. i've been wanting an excuse to buy an incredible off ebay anyway.

and i guess theyve kept the other spots pretty secretive. o well

OP
T

tktouch12

Reaction score
i'd like to say i dont intend to do anything immoral or wrong in this situation. (i dont know if this post was a reference to me, but i dont want to fraud them or anything)

"I had a person the other day who admitted they got their phone a little wet but that the water detectors did not look affected. I suggested there may be 3 of those and perhaps the other two may have an indication but if the phone wasn't working anyway to turn it in and see what Verizon said.

I don't feel I was supporting fraud, because if the water indicators did not show signs of water damage then indeed she was entitled to a new phone. IMHO water may not have caused the problem if those indicators did not show damage.

Perhaps I was wrong and shouldn't have allowed the discussion, but there was a grey area there and in that case I felt it was ok to allow that discussion."

and as a side note, there is a third (or second). if you take off the battery cover and look to the right of the first one and then to the right of the silver bar where the sd goes, there is a hole in the phone. in the top left of that hole there is a white dot. i'm pretty sure thats one because it's exactly like the one on my razr