Is there An App That Carry iTunes to Your Droid?

rbbhf111

Reaction score
Hello, recently i've contemplated this.

I have an itunes library of music. (a lot of songs) now, I personally have heard that there is a way to somehow upload your music online and access it through your phone.

Basically i am tired of using my ipod and wouldn't mind having music on my phone. I know that you can manually put the music on your phone. Though I was wondering is there anyway to for example upload your music online and listen to through that?

Does that make sense? Kind of how people upload their photos on (photobucket, picassa and can still access them through their phone) Can the same be done with music (via working with iTunes library) I've heard something like this would be done.

Thank You, if you guys have any info please let me know

rlfitz

Reaction score
i use ISYNCR to listen to my itunes library on my droid. there are some other apps that do that also, but i cant remember the names

OP
R

rbbhf111

Reaction score
So there are apps like that do exist. Interesting. I will check it out. Thank You!!

OP
R

rbbhf111

Reaction score
I have over 18gb's worth of music. Will it basically upload it online? or will it actually take up memory on my own phone?

rlfitz

Reaction score
the ISYNCR app will allow you to sync your itunes playlists to your droid. It will put the songs on your sd card and play them through the stock music app. Not sure if its the best app to do what you want since its the only one I have tried. I have seen other threads about this so I know there are a few apps that will sync your droid to Itunes. maybe someone else can suggest another app.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Go to AppBrain.com and do a search for cloud music. There are at least three apps combined with online services that will allow you to upload your music online and stream it back to your phone.

Hold in mind this will only work with the DRM free music in your library. Any older titles purchased through iTunes before they went DRM free won't work.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does that make sense?
Absolutely and there are options out there (per the prior post). Just be aware of the pros and cons with both local storage and cloud storage and make sure that you choose what works for you.

I mean, if you fly a lot and listen to music while flying, this won't be a good solution.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's an app called Subsonic that will stream your music library from your pc (via a server) to your phone. No cloud involved.

I used DYNdns.com for a free server (installed the updater on my PC).... simply have to forward a port (the SubSonic app will do it automatically for you btw)

... or you can donate to the Subsonic dev and get a server addy from him :)

either way it works great.

Viktorr

Reaction score
I use doubleTwist from the andriod market. Works great. Now, if you have a lot of music from before iTunes removed their DRM then you'll have to either go through the process through iTunes to have it removed which has a fee attached to it or find a different way. I'm sure Google can provide some answers for that.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jcnettles58

Reaction score
Winamp lets you sync your phone with you iTunes library. I just installed it on 12/24 so can't comment on gracefulness yet ..
Likewise, not sure if this is really what you are looking for though.

Sent from my Pine Belt Wireless A854

lilcdroid

Reaction score
I've been using audiogalaxy. Synchs your itunes library and any other music files you choose on your computer with your droid. Must have an internet connection to stream but works great for me

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Uzay

Reaction score
I've been using TuneSync to wirelessly sync iTunes to my Droid Incredible over my home network for about 8 months. I really like it. The only glitch is the "protected AAC" file format which will not sync to the Droid via TuneSync, but you can burn those songs to a CD, then upload them in MP3 format back to iTunes. That's a pain in the butt, but once it's done, you've got all the tunes you want on your Droid, given the memory on the phone.