Is there a way to wake a pc from hibernation

the3dolla

Reaction score
i do..

I do it from my router though, goto my router's webpage and then go to the WOL tab and wake it up. I use DD-WRT (a custom firmware for specific routers)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
PhoneMyPC ?? Not sure if it'll wake from hibernation, but I know it's a sweet app :)

OP
M
Reaction score
I do it from my router though, goto my router's webpage and then go to the WOL tab and wake it up. I use DD-WRT (a custom firmware for specific routers)

I use a belkin. Is that feature part of your custom firmware? Can I access that router page if I'm not actually connected to my network?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've seen apps for Locale called "Wake on Lan" or something to that effect. Uses bluetooth so when you come in proximity, it wakes your computer from hibernate.

I think there are similar apps that might be free, but it's not something I use. My computer wakes pretty darn fast itself

brando56894

Reaction score

I use a belkin. Is that feature part of your custom firmware? Can I access that router page if I'm not actually connected to my network?

If you set it up that way you can access it outside of your network. Normally you can only access the router config page from a pc physically connected to the router (atleast thats the case with linksys routers), obviously for security purposes. If you do allow outside access Id recommend changing the default port :)

irepodu

Reaction score
PhoneMyPC will do this. You have to select Mouse and Keys and move you finger on the Droid's screen like you are moving the mouse.