is there a way to root the droid incredible 2 running 2.3.4

androidweirdo

Reaction score
Okay so I'm running 2.3.4 and I'm totally new to this rooting stuff so 3 questions. 1. is there a root for 2.3.4? 2 if there is can you tell me how to root my phone step by step? 3. what will I need?

sjpritch25

Reaction score
If your not comfortable with command line, i wouldn't recommend doing it. However, we will assist you as best we can. Can you explain what happened and your computer knowledge?

OP
androidweirdo

androidweirdo

Reaction score
Thank you for trying to assist though I appreciate the thought

OP
androidweirdo

androidweirdo

Reaction score
Roms

Do you know of any good ROMs that don't have sense? I've already tried CM7 and it won't let me into the market and I've tried miui and didn't really like it that much and i tried the incredible 2 HD just because i could and i just didn't like it all that much so any suggestions would be nice and i would like them to run extremely smooth and fast

CorCor67

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
corey-spencer.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Omgb and omfgb are pretty good alternatives...

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
the 2.3.4 root isn't really rooted 2.3.4 anyway right, it's simply a downgrade/root method right?

sjpritch25

Reaction score
Do you know of any good ROMs that don't have sense? I've already tried CM7 and it won't let me into the market and I've tried miui and didn't really like it that much and i tried the incredible 2 HD just because i could and i just didn't like it all that much so any suggestions would be nice and i would like them to run extremely smooth and fast

I seem to go between MIUI and Liquid 3.0. I'm running aeroevan's new kernal. Its pretty darn good.

OP
androidweirdo

androidweirdo

Reaction score
Is there a way to get set the market up on CM7 nightly? Because i've tried to set it up and it won't let me