Is there a way to restore SMS without wiping phone

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
If Google backups are in a md it backs up sms
Is there a way to restore SMS from Google backup without wiping and retiring phone and then it asks if you want to restore backup?

Also I noticed mms messages for mms pictures is an option if you choose a level deeper than just sms backups. But if you have never cleared your SMS conversations it can save a lot of data of old picture that can chew up Google drive space from many years of conversations

Anyone know how to purge messages older then say a year so backups and space on phone are not wasted

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I've never used the backup from Google so I'm sorry I'm not able to help. I use SMS backup pro which saves my text and updates to the latest when I back up and restore it. Also does my call logs

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I've never used the backup from Google so I'm sorry I'm not able to help. I use SMS backup pro which saves my text and updates to the latest when I back up and restore it. Also does my call logs
If you have backup turned in in Google it seems to default to backup SMS since 2019 but I'm shocked my SMS are only 1 mb but 1mbbis 500 pages of text so maybe. I don't backup photos as takes up too much Google drive space

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk