Is there a way to change THEMES of Kangerade 5.0.9 without reflashing ROMS? Droid 1

xmguy

Reaction score
I flashed the blue themed Kangerade 5.0.9 froyo. If I want to change to the green themed version can I do this without flashing a new rom?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
as long as the theme is ported for Kang, you can just flash another theme over the existing rom. it will just replace the theme you are currently using, but won't affect the rom. don't need to wipe, either...

altho, you might want to consider updating to LithMod (it's updated version of Kanger 5.0.9)...

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
as long as the theme is ported for Kang, you can just flash another theme over the existing rom. it will just replace the theme you are currently using, but won't affect the rom. don't need to wipe, either...

altho, you might want to consider updating to LithMod (it's updated version of Kanger 5.0.9)...

I installed the blue themed version of this rom. I never saw a way to download the theme for green without downloading the green themed rom.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i just looked, and it does appear that each version is a full rom. regardless, even tho you are switching roms, because you are just going from one Kang version to another, you shouldn't have to wipe...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i just looked, and it does appear that each version is a full rom. regardless, even tho you are switching roms, because you are just going from one Kang version to another, you shouldn't have to wipe...

Husker is right. Jrummy (and others) usually combined ROMs and themes so you had to flash the ROM again. Honestly (as Husker said), you don't need to wipe so the steps needed are actually the same as only installing a theme like it would be to do both so it's not really a big deal.