Is there a way to "beam" YouTube from phone to TV?

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
I know i can use hdmi, but I'd rather send a wireless signal from my (RAZR Maxx) phone to a receiving box hooked to TV to eliminate wires.

Is such a thing available? Apple tv does this with iphone i believe.

I have a standard run of the mill flat screen tv with hdmi etc on the back.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
OP
D

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
Thanks. I have no wifi any other options besides a really long hdmi cable? I'm looking at being lazy obviously as my family loves the funny videos but no one wants to get up over and over to play them. Most of the videos are generally short.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I believe WDTV Live can be used for this. I was looking into it when it first came out.

OP
D

droidrazrmaxx

Reaction score
paulhusker said:
You can purchase a bluetooth keyboard. I found a Motorola keyboard on ebay for $46.

How will the keyboard help. Sorry I'm not so tech savvy. But if the keyboard will do it I'll get it. Please explain a tad for me or direct me to an explanation. Thx.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
How will the keyboard help. Sorry I'm not so tech savvy. But if the keyboard will do it I'll get it. Please explain a tad for me or direct me to an explanation. Thx.
Unless they make BT keyboards that are capable of streaming content then I'm sure it won't help :D

Wrong thread Paul? lol

paulhusker

Reaction score

Here's how the setup works with a bluetooth keyboard. Connect your phone to the HDTV via HDMI cable. Then get a bluetooth keyboard & pair it with your Razr Maxx. With the keyboard, you can then control your phone and YouTube app from your couch.

Ebay Bluetooth Keyboard w/ Trackpad: Motorola 89507N Bluetooth Keyboard with Trackpad | eBay

Here's a very detailed YouTube video of using your Android or Razr via your TV Part 1: [video=youtube;_--zcmqIyRI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_--zcmqIyRI&list=UU-dtFGQ4dOSzkpQwTF-X_0Q&index=19&feature=plcp[/video]

Part 2: [video=youtube;bB-icTl2J-c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB-icTl2J-c&feature=relmfu[/video]

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
Do you own a PS3? You can do what you're talking about with the Youtube app.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
My HDTV has a USB port. I can view content from a USB drive. I have always wondered if a USB wifi adapter would allow my TV to accept streaming content. I don't own a USB wifi adapter. But if I could find someone who did, I would love to try before I buy.