Is there a way to access my Outlook Calender?

dbb6666

Reaction score
Is there a way to access and/or add to my Outlook Calender from my Droid?

Thank

keiichi25

Reaction score
Just a minor reminder, the Android system, out of the box, is expecting to link to either an Exchange Server or with G-mail. To link to Outlook or any other calendar that is not using either Exchange or G-mail will require a third party program or at least, the use of Google Sync to Gmail to syncronize the Calendar part at this time.

Well, actually, it will also work with Facebook for contacts as well.

OP
D

dbb6666

Reaction score
Maybe I didn't ask the question properly. I would like to view/work with my outlook calender however it has to be done. I don't understand what Exchange environment is. I am able to veiw my emails from various accounts on the phone as I do in outlook.

keiichi25

Reaction score
Maybe I didn't ask the question properly. I would like to view/work with my outlook calender however it has to be done. I don't understand what Exchange environment is. I am able to veiw my emails from various accounts on the phone as I do in outlook.

The Exchange Environment is what Outlook 2000/2003/2007 normally uses to get mail, store contacts and calendar information in a Corporate Environment. For instance, where I work, the Exchange Server is the main mail server that receives mail, and people use it to store their contacts and Calendar information that is shared to other users within the company.

If you are referring to Outlook Express (Which comes with Windows as a free Mail Client) or Outlook that comes with Office and using it to get your mail from your ISP, you are not using an Exchange Environment, but using Outlook as a simple mail client. Outlook and Outlook Express has the ability to have Contacts and Calendar locally, but does not share that information to anything.

If you are asking about being able to sync your Calendar and Contacts with Outlook Express or Outlook at Home, there is only third party programs that will do that for you.

Out of the Box, Droid is meant to sync wirelessly to G-mail, Facebook or an Exchange Server, unfortunately, Outlook and Outlook Express is not an option nor does it come with a Desktop Sync program by default.

OP
D

dbb6666

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I am in the last catagory. Is there a way to tranfer my 2003 outlook calender info to the google calender then use the google calender from now on?

GuyWithDogs

Reaction score
Do a search for the Google Calendar Sync utility - it works well. I'm using Outlook 2007 on my home computer and my calendar entries done on the Droid show up there, and the entries I put in through Outlook appear on the Droid. Simple to set up, and seems to work great.

OP
D

dbb6666

Reaction score
Thanks all. I used google sync to sync google with outlook calenders, then was able to read, add and modify through the phone using gmail app.