Is there a trick to restoring nandroids with the Bionic?

Pjohn91

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Well, I was running Shift3r for a while and it was flawless. I decided I wanted to compare Purity so I did my Nandroid backup manually through cwr. I was running Purity for a while and decided to jump back to Shift3r to back up my texts that I forgot to move with me. I backed up my Purity setup and when I restored Shift3r.....bootloop.....crap.....Battery pull and booted into recovery to restore Purity and.......bootloop....AAAHHHHH. I ended up having to restore using the R3l3AS3Droot scripts. What is the trick to restoring?? Is there one or am I reverting to my noob OG droid days??? I used to swap roms constantly and had it down pat but this phone does things a bit differently I guess.

Also, I stumbled across getting into CWR by holding the volumes(both) and powering up, highlighting fastboot(not selecting) and it just booted to recovery after about 10 seconds...is there a different way to direct boot to CWR or did I just :blink: figure something out for myself???

dags5000

Reaction score
after restoring in cwr. Make sure u then clear cache and dalvik before rebooting. That fixed my issue of the bootloop.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

thejacked1

Reaction score
Yep shift3r / purity not interchangeable ...gotta reflash the base

Did you flash the old ROM first? Or did you just try to restore your backup? You need to first flash the new ROM, clearing all data, then flashing the nandroid.

OP
Pjohn91

Pjohn91

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Good advice thank you, I figured when you restored it restored everything but reflashing the base would make sense if it didn't. I did wipe system the second time around and it still looped so reloalding the base would be smart.

dags5000

Reaction score
A nandroid backup encompasses all the system files. I have backed up shifter and purity and can restore both from one to the other without issue. I dont have to reflash any base. After I restore and still in recovery I then clear out cache again and dalvik. Not sure how flashing a base is related since a backup would already have all if the os included

OP
Pjohn91

Pjohn91

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
That's what I thought but I only know what I have learned fRom my og and n now this phone so I am far from expert...know enough to screw it up good lol