Concern about rooting and no manual recovery reboot option

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was looking through and checking out kernels, etc.

One thing I noticed....or at least have not discovered yet is a manual way to boot into recovery from shut down. That is...if I installed a kernel and it bootlooped or wouldnt boot....I would be screwed if there is no way to boot into recovery and restore a backup.

So...with that being said. Is there a way to boot into recovery from shutdown? Like...hold volume down and up while powering the phone on? Or would I be stuck with infinte bootloop and no way to restore a nandroid backup?

gatewayad

Reaction score
Yes, very easy power and vol up to boot screen, vol down to scroll to recovery then power button to boot to recovery. I use RomManager also try and remember to delete or move to a folder the PG05IMG you flashed or you need to be quick so it doesnt go into HBoot(i made one called rom images to keep a stock and stock rooted one just in case i ever need it) then from recovery you will be able to restore a backup

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes, very easy power and vol up to boot screen, vol down to scroll to recovery then power button to boot to recovery. I use RomManager also try and remember to delete or move to a folder the PG05IMG you flashed or you need to be quick so it doesnt go into HBoot(i made one called rom images to keep a stock and stock rooted one just in case i ever need it) then from recovery you will be able to restore a backup

awesome. Thanks! Now I know.