Is there a "safe" mode we can boot into?

johninbigd

Reaction score
I was on CM 6.1.2 and had installed a home screen app that puts several widgets on the home screen. I'm not sure if that's the problem, but when I wiped and installed MIUI 1.7, my touchscreen was completely unresponsive and I couldn't unlock my phone. I could find no way to disable that home screen app and I think it is conflicting with MIUI somehow. Either that or my touchscreen magically broke during the update.

I'm restoring to CM for now. I'm going to uninstall that app then reinstall MIUI to see if that helps. But for future reference, is there a "safe" mode that we can boot into that won't launch anything but the default apps?

OP
J

johninbigd

Reaction score
Hmm...nevermind. My touchscreen appears to have completely stopped working, but I've never had a problem with it until I installed MIUI 1.7. I restored a nandroid backup of CM 6.1.2 and I still can't unlock my phone. How weird is that? Dang it. That means I'll have to take it back and I'll probably end up with a Droid2 or something grrrr.....

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Well if it helps, there is a safe mode. Hold the menu key on the physical keyboard and power on.

OP
J

johninbigd

Reaction score
It appears that something went wrong while flashing the latest MIUI. My touchscreen is no longer responsive. I've restored to various nandroid backups but nothing works. I guess I'll use rsdlite later to reset my phone to factory and see if that clears it up. I don't know what else to do.

SirVilhelm

Reaction score
Sounds like your screen went bad, if you are restoring using nandroid to a previously working version then there shouldn't be a problem anymore if it was due to software.

OP
J

johninbigd

Reaction score
Sounds like your screen went bad, if you are restoring using nandroid to a previously working version then there shouldn't be a problem anymore if it was due to software.

That was what I thought, but I was told by someone else that in strange cases, this can happen if something gets corrupted. It would be awfully coincidental that my screen just happened to go bad while sitting on my desk while flashing a new ROM.

The person I was talking to suggested that I use rsdlite to restore my phone to factory settings. He said this has solved this problem many times when he's helped other people with similar issues. If it doesn't help then at least my phone will be back to stock for when I take it to Verizon tomorrow.