Market problem on 1.2.25.0

randroidran

Reaction score
Well, it started last night after about 1 day of running Miui, every single app I try to download from the market makes the phone reboot. It downloads fine but when it says "installing" it freezes then takes me to the boot animation. I'm just trying to find a fix. I came from CM 6.1.2 I wiped everything before flashing. Does anyone know a fix?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

coverton341

Reaction score
Sounds like you need to wipe and reinstall. After you reinstall do not restore any system data via TB or any thing else. I had the same issue a few months back even though I didn't restore any system data and this method worked for me without any issues

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well, it started last night after about 1 day of running Miui, every single app I try to download from the market makes the phone reboot. It downloads fine but when it says "installing" it freezes then takes me to the boot animation. I'm just trying to find a fix. I came from CM 6.1.2 I wiped everything before flashing. Does anyone know a fix?

Did you flash any type of zip over the rom through recovery (like a kernel or special app)? For some reason sometimes when you flash something on the new miui builds it will cause the market to do that. Im looking into the problem

OP
R

randroidran

Reaction score
Yes, i tried to flash the keyboard back light fix. Im thinking thats were i made the mistake.... time to wipe and start over.

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes, i tried to flash the keyboard back light fix. Im thinking thats were i made the mistake.... time to wipe and start over.

why did you flash the keyboard backlight fix? :icon_eek:
The backlights work fine.

wakey

Reaction score
I also met this problem after trying to flash kernel in order to get compcache & overclock.

OP
R

randroidran

Reaction score
The keyboard back light wasnt working, but the zip file i think was for a later version.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I actually had the same problem on the last build and after several attempts, decided to wait for ALABAAMAAA MAAAANNNN to release the next version as it was already mid week.
And just give it a fresh attempt, rather than begin a one man negative PR campaign regarding China.
I even had the slogan for protest signs work-shopped and we would have gone with the ever popular:
CHINA BAD
Then I had some Mushu Chicken and shrimp fried rice and decided to let China slide on this one.
But they know hat's up now...oh they know.
danceswithbongsandgeneraltsao