Is there a real mail manager out there?

bhall238

Reaction score
I've searched and been unable to find an app that does what I want and in this case need. I have 2 email accounts (gmail and another one for my home) linked to my Droid I. I was so happy when I got that working because I was in a bad habit of never checking my home email account. I guess while playing around with it (I just recently did this) I deleted an important email from my home account. I did not show up anywhere on my computer, not in the trash folder - no folder; I checked them all. However I can see it in the trash folder for the home account on my phone; but all I can do is read it. I need to print and mail it. What I want is something on the phone that can move mail from one folder to another (from the trash folder back to the in folder) like I can from home. That way, I could resend it to myself and print it out. Also, after I verified the important email was truly gone, I emptied the home account trash folder on the computer, but the home account on my phone still shows 159 emails in the trash folder. Why is that? Thanks for any replies.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
I don't use the default email client, but I'm sure there is a way to move the email from the trash. Just go to the email and open it, then hit the menu key. Work your way through the possibilities. There is bound to be a move option.

On the other hand the K9 email client is chalk full of options and features. Got to the Market, or AppBrain.com, and check it out.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Worse comes to...nevermind it won't even let you copy and paste the email's contents into a blank new email to yourself will it :(

OP
bhall238

bhall238

Reaction score
Correct. Once it's in the trash folder all options except for delete at the bottom of the email itself are greyed out. If you select the menu button while viewing the email, you have the choice to delete it or mark it as unread, which gains you nothing. It's still sitting in the trash folder and you can not move it back to your inbox folder. I just noticed you can't create a folder to put improtant emails in that need to be saved; maybe even name it "Save". That would be a nice feature.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
I'm surprised it is so limited. My primary account isn't GMail, so when I got the phone I didn't even try the built in clients. Went straight to the market and got one I knew would handle just about any IMAP or POP account.

Glad I did.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
...and this won't help any of you but I use Touchdown with Exchange and can freely move email among the folders in my account (even Deleted Items).