Is there a birthday syncing app?

Reaction score
Facebook for Android syncs birthdays but it only puts them on the contacts.
Is there an app that will sync the birthdays onto my calendar?

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums

banditwad

Reaction score
That's a good idea; it would be super helpful. I'm going to keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone knows of such an app.

Reaction score
Facebook for android should sync your calandar as well, atleast it does on my fascinate. Check the settings for facebook it should be under there.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

HavoC

Reaction score
Yeah for me, the facebook app doesn't sync to calendar. What I did was login to facebook on my computer, click events, then click birthdays, and at the bottom of the screen there should be a link to export birthdays. After clicking that, it'll pop up with a url that you can copy and paste into your gmail calendar (on pc). I'm not sure what exactly you click within your gmail calendar on the computer to allow you to paste that link and get it to sync properly, I know I had to try a couple of times before I got it to work. Once you do get it to work, those facebook birthdays will now be in your google (gmail) calendar, which already is syncing with your phone. If it isn't, (on your phone) go into accounts and settings, then touch your gmail account and there should be a checkbox for the calendar. Just make sure it's checked, and you should be good to go.

OP
B
Reaction score
Yeah for me, the facebook app doesn't sync to calendar. What I did was login to facebook on my computer, click events, then click birthdays, and at the bottom of the screen there should be a link to export birthdays. After clicking that, it'll pop up with a url that you can copy and paste into your gmail calendar (on pc). I'm not sure what exactly you click within your gmail calendar on the computer to allow you to paste that link and get it to sync properly, I know I had to try a couple of times before I got it to work. Once you do get it to work, those facebook birthdays will now be in your google (gmail) calendar, which already is syncing with your phone. If it isn't, (on your phone) go into accounts and settings, then touch your gmail account and there should be a checkbox for the calendar. Just make sure it's checked, and you should be good to go.

Thanks for this!
I did it.
And if anyone else tries it, make sure you switch google calendar to the classic look or you can't add a url. Or at least I couldn't find it until I switched to classic.

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums