What's new
DroidForums.net | Android Forum & News

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the Samsung Stratosphere the new SG II?

Vito.a

Member
Above in the Droid Forum news section is a leaked Verizon schedule that shows the Samsung Stratosphere 4G phone coming out September 8 along with the Bionic.
So, what do you all think? Is the Stratosphere (originally named Aegis) the new SG II on Verizon?
Do we need to change the name of this section?
What happened to the Function?
Regardless, it is a new Samsung 4G phone!
 
I wager VZW or Samsung realized the GS2 needs to compete with the Bionic and, moreover, the iPhone 5. So they canceled the 3G version (Function) and crammed a LTE radio in. Or perhaps there will be both 3G Function and a 4G Stratosphere variants simultaneously.
 
We'll agree to disagree on that one :)

I've had a slider for nearly 2 years now (OG Droid) and the ONLY thing I use it for is to press the "X" key to go into recovery. It's dead weight to me. I'm glad you prefer a physical QWERTY, and I hope the SGS2 comes out in a slider version for you. But I don't think I'm alone when I say "Bring on a straight-up SGS2!"
 
Well ok. Who knows, maybe they will have a slider and nonslide version of it.

That'd be pretty sick.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
 
I'll take either one, although for excessive texting, the slider works better for me. I just hope that if it is slider, that they don't just rebadge and dual core the epic. I thought that phone was a little boring back when it was released (and yes I realize that has nothing to do with its funtioning). I really like the feel and style of the D3.
 
I'll take either one, although for excessive texting, the slider works better for me. I just hope that if it is slider, that they don't just rebadge and dual core the epic. I thought that phone was a little boring back when it was released (and yes I realize that has nothing to do with its funtioning). I really like the feel and style of the D3.


I agree, the D3 is a solid phone.

So I guess the Stratosphere could be the Epic, or the GS2 in Verizon trim.
 
We'll agree to disagree on that one :)

I've had a slider for nearly 2 years now (OG Droid) and the ONLY thing I use it for is to press the "X" key to go into recovery. It's dead weight to me. I'm glad you prefer a physical QWERTY, and I hope the SGS2 comes out in a slider version for you. But I don't think I'm alone when I say "Bring on a straight-up SGS2!"

I'm with you. I really hope they don't put a keyboard on it. I never used my D1 keyboard. I learned the touch screen and I am so much faster with it, less bulk too. Please give us the straight gs2

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
 
We'll agree to disagree on that one :)

I've had a slider for nearly 2 years now (OG Droid) and the ONLY thing I use it for is to press the "X" key to go into recovery. It's dead weight to me. I'm glad you prefer a physical QWERTY, and I hope the SGS2 comes out in a slider version for you. But I don't think I'm alone when I say "Bring on a straight-up SGS2!"

I used to say, "I won't ever buy a phone without a hardware keyboard", which is why I got the Droid. Then I found Swype, which is far faster than using the Droid's (terrible) keyboard. I can't remember the last time I used it to send a text.

My name is PolyOlefin, and I'm a recovering hardware keyboard addict.
 
The inside experts are saying the new Samsung Stratosphere is the 4G Verizon version of the Epic. If so, it will have a very nice slide out keyboard. We should see it on sale Sept 8.

So, where does that leave the Galaxy SII?
 
The inside experts are saying the new Samsung Stratosphere is the 4G Verizon version of the Epic. If so, it will have a very nice slide out keyboard. We should see it on sale Sept 8.

So, where does that leave the Galaxy SII?

I hope thats not true amd its the S2.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
 
The inside experts are saying the new Samsung Stratosphere is the 4G Verizon version of the Epic. If so, it will have a very nice slide out keyboard. We should see it on sale Sept 8.

So, where does that leave the Galaxy SII?

I hope thats not true amd its the S2.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I feel like it will be the GS2. Just look at all the telescopes they sent to reporters and bloggers to hype up the impending launch of a product (the GS2...) here in America. Verizon will get their GS2 around the same time as other carriers (or so it's been said) and if the bloggers are meant to keep an eye on the "galaxy" with said telescope, they have to look through the Stratosphere to do so... :-)

Here's hoping!

sent from my Droid Charge
 
Back
Top