Is the Market hosed or is it my phone?

portlandjosh

Reaction score
Many of my apps won't update. It downloads them says it failed. I tried going into Market settings and selecting clear cache and uninstall updates. Still a problem. Suggestions? Non-rooted original moto Droid on vz.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

NebulaOcton

Reaction score
Have you tried rebooting? I had a issue similar to this and rebooting helped.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> All tab> Market> Clear data> Clear cache> reboot phone.

If that doesn't fix it then I have to ask if you're rooted or stock. If rooted, are you running a ROM or a theme?

OP
P

portlandjosh

Reaction score
Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> All tab> Market> Clear data> Clear cache> reboot phone.

If that doesn't fix it then I have to ask if you're rooted or stock. If rooted, are you running a ROM or a theme?

I've done this before, but just repeated it to make sure. No change, apps still fail to update. My Droid is not rooted.

OP
P

portlandjosh

Reaction score
Anyone have any other thoughts on this? "Update unsuccessful" with a triangle exclamation point on most apps, Pandora, Vignette, radio scanner, others.

knoxxiv

Reaction score
I seem to have issues with any app stored on the SD card. If I moved them to phone storage they update fine.

OP
P

portlandjosh

Reaction score
I seem to have issues with any app stored on the SD card. If I moved them to phone storage they update fine.

Wow, when I moved one of the apps to phone storage, it worked. However, it didn't show as needing an update in the Marketplace. But installing it seemed to update it just fine.

Any idea why apps on the SD card wouldn't update from the Market?

Thanks for helping me figure it out, this is the first step in the right direction I've had in weeks.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If it was apps2sd from the market (for rooted users), then that might have offered an explanation. What version of FroYo are you on? FRG01B or FRG22D?

knoxxiv

Reaction score
I'm running FRG22D unrooted as well. I weirdest of them all it when I was trying to install angry birds. The only way i could get it to install was to actually unmount the SD card in the phone setting, download, install, remount, move to SD. Crazy stuff. This drove me batty for weeks.