Is the car dock case friendly?

idk5

Reaction score
My dad want a car dock and an Otterbox case but he wants to know if it will work with the car dock

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

gozierdt

Reaction score
Maybe

I don't know about the otterbox, but I have one of the generic soft plastic cases,
and it fits fine in the car dock. This case adds about 1 mm around the edges, and
about 2 mm on the back. The dock has a spacer you take out to create more
room for phones with a case on.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
There's a spacer. Man. I really should read the directions, lol. OK, hang on. Let me go out and take a look at mine in the car...

OK, back. The one I bought I still say that the answer's no. Here's a link to the post that I did a few days ago:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-accessories/187832-best-car-dock.html

I
don't have the directions with me, but I don't see a spacer on this model. I'll break out the instructions later today after a nap.

gozierdt

Reaction score
I didn't see that there is an insert either, until I read that there was one. I've taken
pics with insert in and out. The insert has a smooth, shiny finish, the base of the
dock has a duller, textured finish.

View attachment 44062View attachment 44063
Left pic- Insert in Right pic- insert out

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I didn't see that there is an insert either, until I read that there was one. I've taken
pics with insert in and out. The insert has a smooth, shiny finish, the base of the
dock has a duller, textured finish.

View attachment 44062View attachment 44063
Left pic- Insert in Right pic- insert out

WOW. You have no idea looking at it. Interesting, though I don't think that a Otterbox case would fit in there. I'd see a regular case fitting, though. Thanks for the clarification!

epphllps

Reaction score
I have the otterbox commuter and when you take the spacer out, the otterbox fits in the dock perfectly. Just be aware that when in a case the phone can generate a lot of heat and can't dissipate it as quickly. I was on lunch and streaming netflix via 4G and my phone got so hot it shut off, could barely even touch it. Not sure anything bigger than the commuter would fit though.

jdroid80

Reaction score
I bought the "high gloss silicone cover" (case) for my Razr, and on the box it says it's compatible with the Razr car and home dock.

The case is nice, it adds very little amount of bulk, and fits snug around phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

armada10

Reaction score
I bought the "high gloss silicone cover" (case) for my Razr, and on the box it says it's compatible with the Razr car and home dock.

The case is nice, it adds very little amount of bulk, and fits snug around phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Case compatible with car dock but not home dock(prongs are not long enough).