Is the bionic n trouble,now that the gs2 is comin n aug?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the 'plastic' on Samsung phones ( I have the Charge ) does take to scratching very easily. But I've dropped it a few times, sans case, (AHHHH! :() and it's held up real well. The scratches are minor but noticeable. However I have a case on it (as I did my D1) because I work construction so it takes abuse and gets rather dirty.

I've been impressed so far with the durability of my Samsung device. Don't get me wrong, my D1 was a tank and I doubt anything will match that, but being from the 'Samsung is junk' side of the table and converting... I can tell you don't completely knock Samsung's durability :)

... but I'm a lil diff... I could care less about the shell of my phone, so long as the screen is clear (and damage free) and it runs well :)

Reaction score
I'm debating at this point if I should wait a week after the bionics release to see how it holds up on reviews.

Sent from my Charge using DroidForums

Java

Reaction score
I'm debating at this point if I should wait a week after the bionics release to see how it holds up on reviews.

Assuming the Droid that my cousin had holds up while I have it I will wait until reviews pour in and the first price drop occurs. There's no reason to pay $199 for a phone one week and the next it ends up being $149 and $69 for new contracts! I think the Droid 3 was a special case thanks to the extremely low retail as well as the new tiers, but the point is that patience always wins, you just can't always be looking around the corner.

bigdad63

Reaction score
If my area wasn't supposed to be getting 4G early in '12 I would definitely get the GS2. And unless they use aluminum (expensive), a phone that size with a significant amount of metal is going to be pull your pants down heavy. So you can't have it both ways. You'll pay in $ or weight.

OP
Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

This is y I want this device to come,so I can c if its worth all the hype.Finally played with a live droid 3-nice-i understand y everybody talks about moto makin solid phones.

OP
Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
^No LTE and Tegra 2.....that again for whatever reason Moto decided to drop and go back to the OMAP. For me right now LTE is a deal breaker. If I can snag a Droid 3 or GS2 in a BOGO deal thats another story...lol

Then the GS 2 has only Amoled+ screen, thin phone and Touchwiz for pros, for those that like Touchwiz. And the newer version looks nice.

If it seriously has a Tegra 2 I wont even look twice at it. Other Tegra 2 devices seem to be doing ok tho. Just stuff I read and seeing issues with certain Tegra 2 phones has me not feeling Tegra 2 anymore.

So all that and if it comes between Sept and Dec....you can definitely forget it. I might not even get the Bionic if it comes out in Sept.

I called VZW and told them u wanted a BOGO,they told me 2 tell u-go 2 payless shoe store.lol!!!

bigdad63

Reaction score
And to answer the post's original question, I believe that Sammy would have to come out with a statement sometime in the very near future stating that the GS2 was 4G equipped (unlikely) and had a little-changed form factor to do serious damage to the Bionic.

bigdad63

Reaction score
^No LTE and Tegra 2.....that again for whatever reason Moto decided to drop and go back to the OMAP. For me right now LTE is a deal breaker. If I can snag a Droid 3 or GS2 in a BOGO deal thats another story...lol

Then the GS 2 has only Amoled+ screen, thin phone and Touchwiz for pros, for those that like Touchwiz. And the newer version looks nice.

If it seriously has a Tegra 2 I wont even look twice at it. Other Tegra 2 devices seem to be doing ok tho. Just stuff I read and seeing issues with certain Tegra 2 phones has me not feeling Tegra 2 anymore.

So all that and if it comes between Sept and Dec....you can definitely forget it. I might not even get the Bionic if it comes out in Sept.

I called VZW and told them u wanted a BOGO,they told me 2 tell u-go 2 payless shoe store.lol!!!

Funny on the Payless. I can envision a vzw rep saying that!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm going SGS2. Samsung has a better build quality than Moto

CM74DX

anuraj1

Reaction score

CM74DX

That might be the first time I've ever heard anyone say that. I donno, I guess it is personal preference but I like Moto's rubberized metal more than Sammy's chintzy plastic.

leonozug

Reaction score
I highly doubt the Bionic will be in trouble. Verizon markets their products too good to not have it sell. Ok, maybe not as much as they've marketed that friggin' iphone, but it will be big. I for one would go with the Galaxy S II, weather or not it's 4G, as long as it has the same processor as the European version has in it, cause it's the sweetest phone to come out for Android so far. I will definitely have a look at the Bionic, and it will have to measure up to the GSII. If it does, I will be surprised and have lots of thinking to do on which to get.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I highly doubt the Bionic will be in trouble. Verizon markets their products too good to not have it sell. Ok, maybe not as much as they've marketed that friggin' iphone, but it will be big. I for one would go with the Galaxy S II, weather or not it's 4G, as long as it has the same processor as the European version has in it, cause it's the sweetest phone to come out for Android so far. I will definitely have a look at the Bionic, and it will have to measure up to the GSII. If it does, I will be surprised and have lots of thinking to do on which to get.

I agree!!!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74DX

That might be the first time I've ever heard anyone say that. I donno, I guess it is personal preference but I like Moto's rubberized metal more than Sammy's chintzy plastic.

Samsungs can take more of a beating than the current Motorola products. I have seen my friend do some crazy stuff to his phone and he never has any issues.

CM74DX