is the Bionic a slide out keyboard

roach

Reaction score
A few weeks back I read that the Droid Bionic was going to be a candybar type phone,it did not say anything about being a slide out keyboard.So does this have a slide out keyboard.
THANK'S

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
No it's not, but since I find your profile picture offensive,

Yes, it has a slide out keyboard and it's hideous.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
His profile pic is awesome.

Personally, I find your president offensive.

CM74DX

318Droid

Reaction score
yes its coming with a detachable keyboard that sync with the phone wirelessly and about the size of a credit card that you have to scan above the bionic in the FFC

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
yes its coming with a detachable keyboard that sync with the phone wirelessly and about the size of a credit card that you have to scan above the bionic in the FFC
I guess this is it but it don't come with it $200.00 plus but I like it it would be like carrying a tablet around.Not sure what you meant by size of a credit card that you have to scan,explain that one.

motorola_atrix_dock-300x222.jpg

318Droid

Reaction score
Lol oh no dude, thats the laptop dock! But the Bionic is a machine like no other. The mini keyboard "credit card size" is only one on many:iphone: transfomations that the Bionic can spit out of its lower lip. Lol, but all jokes aside NO the Bionic has no sliding keyboard. If you're wanting a keyboard, why not just get the D3?? Its a pretty cool phone!!

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
Lol oh no dude, thats the laptop dock! But the Bionic is a machine like no other. The mini keyboard "credit card size" is only one on many transfomations that the Bionic can spit out of its lower lip. Lol, but all jokes aside NO the Bionic has no sliding keyboard. If you're wanting a keyboard, why not just get the D3??

I will wait for the bionic I hope the bottom keys on it protrude a little so I can feel them like on the Droidx best phone so far,my wife has a samsung fasinate and it's all flat at the bottom and you breath on the key and it types,that not good.I will wait and see or maybe I'll wait till fall and check this Motorola Spyder out below.
THANK'S

droid-hd-620x370.jpg
DROID SPYDER
A 4.5-inch touchscreen display
1GHz dual-core TI OMAP 4430 processor
8.49 to 9mm thin, making it as thin as Samsung’s
Galaxy S II.
8MP camera that’s capable of 1080p HD video capture
Front-facing camera
Q_HD display, or a 1280×720 variant

Attachments

• image-Motorola-DROID-HD.jpg
    image-Motorola-DROID-HD.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 370

318Droid

Reaction score
See with those rumored specs, that's not enough to justify me waiting for it over the bionic. It just doesn't have that big WOW factor over the Bionic.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the only way you are going to see a "wow factor" from one phone over another is to compare phones that are separated by 3-4 generations (OG Droid to Bionic, for example). I don't think there will ever be a single generational step with a mind blowing/revolutionary step in technology because they don't ever want you to wait to buy a phone... they want you to buy what is out right now. The sooner you buy a phone, the sooner you buy your next phone. If I am up for an upgrade and I know something amazing is coming in 1-2 months, I would definitely wait for that... maybe even 6 months if it was mind blowing. But I'm not willing to wait through multi-generational steps to get to that device. All of that, plus, why would they sell 5th generation technology when they can still make money on 4th generation technology first. So yeah, unless one manufacturer is trying to still the thunder from another, I think those "wow factor"phones are going to become more and more difficult to find.