Is the battery really that bad on the incredible?

Aluminum21

Reaction score
I've been reading that the phone is pretty much dead after a days use and is even worse the nexus one battery. I'm 75% sure switching from the droid to the incredible for various reasons (never use keyboard...) but I always admired the droids battery life. So for those that actually have the phone, how bad is it?

big.daddy

Reaction score
Really! you admired the droids battery? I had to charge mine at least once during the day to make it to the evening. I guess it directly proportional to how much you use the phone.

OP
Aluminum21

Aluminum21

Reaction score
I did charge it every night, but always had like 50% left. When I go NYC for I use my phone a lot all day and my Droid is down to 15-20% by the time I call it a day

I'm worried the incredible wouldn't last a day during the heavy use days

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I usually charge my Droid at the end of the night and even then it's pretty much optional and I use mine CONSTANTLY. Then again I'd say I was your above average smooth operator, and a rather charming individual, so needless to say, I know what my Droid likes to hear, and I think all the flattery and sweet nothings I've whispered into its earpiece have caused it to activate com.google.android.bat-effic.

Darkseider

Reaction score
I've been reading that the phone is pretty much dead after a days use and is even worse the nexus one battery. I'm 75% sure switching from the droid to the incredible for various reasons (never use keyboard...) but I always admired the droids battery life. So for those that actually have the phone, how bad is it?

Don't be too quick to believe the battery thing with the Incredible simply because people are playing with their new toys alot. I am also willing to bet that those that received it early didn't do the whole charge/cycle thing initially. I am also willing to bet that they have Bluetooth and GPS turned on the whole time as well. Simply put once they start going out to everyone and there is a REAL baseline to go off of the battery life will be equal to or possibly slightly better than the N1.

dunamis

Reaction score
The battery is actually better than I initially anticipated and in fact it's better then my droid ever was. And no I didn't charge/drain cycle cause my belief is that you don't need to with the new batteries.

GodDriven

Reaction score
The battery is actually better than I initially anticipated and in fact it's better then my droid ever was. And no I didn't charge/drain cycle cause my belief is that you don't need to with the new batteries.

++1 on this.. This is amazing.. The batter life is much better than anticipated.. as well..

So far, it is INCREDIBLE!

mossostdrauka

Reaction score
I usually charge my Droid at the end of the night and even then it's pretty much optional and I use mine CONSTANTLY. Then again I'd say I was your above average smooth operator, and a rather charming individual, so needless to say, I know what my Droid likes to hear, and I think all the flattery and sweet nothings I've whispered into its earpiece have caused it to activate com.google.android.bat-effic.

I thought i was the only one to find that .apk!! sweet nothings did the trick for me too!

steve2u42

Reaction score
i do not use my phone alot but i did play with it when i got it. I was not thrilled about the battery but i knew it was not so good. I went out and bought the 3500 and OMG, IMO it was the best move i could make. Love my phone. I had to charge it once or twice a day when i got the stock battery. Now with the 3500 i do not need to charge it till I go to bed. I am in construction and i listen to the music player alot. Not a problem. I do not need to worry at all. I was at a friends place who has no service so the phone was constantly searching and never died. 3500 battery is the way to go.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
My phone is dead by the end of the night but only because I talk on speakerphone for about 2-3 hours toward the end of the day. Battery was very disappointing for me when I first got the phone, but I've learned to make it better and it's not that big a deal.

LTizzil

Reaction score
It's horrible for me, I have it on the charger 2-3 times a day. What makes it worse is that it takes about 4 hours to do a full charge. Maybe something is wrong with my phone bc I do not think it is normal.

chaz.ring

Reaction score
It's horrible for me, I have it on the charger 2-3 times a day. What makes it worse is that it takes about 4 hours to do a full charge. Maybe something is wrong with my phone bc I do not think it is normal.

sounds perfectly normal with a stock battery to me...

Its why I paid for a 3500mah seido battery...and love it.