Is skyping from Android Bionic to Laptop possible?

pascaldemo

Reaction score
Would like to Skype with my wife using my Bionic to her laptop. I tried finding this information on the internet without success. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

wallykski

Reaction score
Absolutely. I use it often just by logging on to the Skype app. We also Skype from phone to phone ( iPhone to Bionic)

bluezdawg

Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind though (as I understand) you will still be charged voice minutes. Big Red struck some deal with Skype to not use pure VOIP over wireless without getting their pound of flesh. If anyone understands different, please correct me. With that said, it works great.

Sent from my butt-kick'n DROID BIONIC Bionic using Tapatalk2

Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind though (as I understand) you will still be charged voice minutes. Big Red struck some deal with Skype to not use pure VOIP over wireless without getting their pound of flesh. If anyone understands different, please correct me. With that said, it works great.

Sent from my butt-kick'n DROID BIONIC Bionic using Tapatalk2

I had not heard this so i did a quick test. I put my phone in airplane mode and then turned on wifi so that my phone had absolutely no context with Verizon wireless towers and Skype worked perfectly. So the rumors are false. Skype uses pure voip, and does not use cell minutes.

Also, there is an app called sidecar that allows you to use your data connection for calls to anyone in the us or Canada fit free and does not use minutes so Verizon does not have voip locked down.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

Last edited:

ofiba

Reaction score
I have found that using google+ video chat from bionic to laptop works like a champ.