Is My Gmail Set Up Correctly?

rherron

Reaction score
I think I may have my Gmail account setup on my Droid Pro twice. When I go to Accounts, there is a red postage stamp ampersand (@) icon called Gmail. There is also a gray square icon with the lower-case Google "g" showing my Gmail address. When I get an email I am getting two notification icons at the top of my screen -- the red postage stamp icon as well as a Gmail envelope icon (the one with the "M" on it), and I am getting two notification tones. Is this set up correctly? Should I delete one of these accounts, and if so which one? This is how the rep at Verizon set the device up. I've not changed anything with regard to email since I got the phone a few weeks ago. Thank you for any assistance, and I hope I am describing the situation adequately.

km75

Reaction score
I think I may have my Gmail account setup on my Droid Pro twice. When I go to Accounts, there is a red postage stamp ampersand (@) icon called Gmail. There is also a gray square icon with the lower-case Google "g" showing my Gmail address. When I get an email I am getting two notification icons at the top of my screen -- the red postage stamp icon as well as a Gmail envelope icon (the one with the "M" on it), and I am getting two notification tones. Is this set up correctly? Should I delete one of these accounts, and if so which one? This is how the rep at Verizon set the device up. I've not changed anything with regard to email since I got the phone a few weeks ago. Thank you for any assistance, and I hope I am describing the situation adequately.

You're gmail is set up correctly. Its just that it is set up twice in two different areas. For whatever reason your verizon rep added your gmail account to the general email accounts which is just redundant. Just remove the gmail account that is under email and that will take care of the double notifications
Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
rherron

rherron

Reaction score
That would be the one with the red postage stamp icon?

km75

Reaction score
That would be the one with the red postage stamp icon?

Yes. Pull up your app drawer. Click on my accounts. Click on the icon with the red stamp. Then remove that gmail account from there.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums