Is My Contact List Secure?

Phillip944

Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone!

Prior to getting my Droid, I kept all contact information in my Treo's address book. Considering my contact list is now sync'd with my online Gmail account, is the information secure? Maybe someone can recommend a way to store sensitive information only on my Droid?

Thanks, and enjoy your weekend.

daddyd302

Reaction score
There is no such thing as secure. Anyone wants to break in, they will find a way. Isn't there an app that wipes out everything on your phone if it's missing or stolen? Maybe I'm making this up and hoping someone makes a app for it?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
There is no such thing as secure. Anyone wants to break in, they will find a way. Isn't there an app that wipes out everything on your phone if it's missing or stolen? Maybe I'm making this up and hoping someone makes a app for it?

wavesecure | All | By date, Androlib, Android Applications and Games
chart

OP
Phillip944

Phillip944

Reaction score
I tried using CompanionLink to sync to my laptop. But it wouldn't work properly. I'll probably have to keep looking.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I tried using CompanionLink to sync to my laptop. But it wouldn't work properly. I'll probably have to keep looking.

What are you trying to sync?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

wavesecure | All | By date, Androlib, Android Applications and Games
chart

While wave secure is nice I think Mobile Defense is better. True you can't back up but I have another app for that anyway. Mobile Defense GPS is truly awesome.

Leonard Wong

Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone!

Prior to getting my Droid, I kept all contact information in my Treo's address book. Considering my contact list is now sync'd with my online Gmail account, is the information secure? Maybe someone can recommend a way to store sensitive information only on my Droid?

Thanks, and enjoy your weekend.

1) You can disable the google contacts <-> droid sync in Settings > Accounts & Sync. you can disable sync per account or for the phone entirely. the security for your contacts is a secure as the end points. so how often is your phone not with you? and how strong is your google password and how often do you change it?

2) enable a lock pattern adds some device protection. wavesecure gives you the ability to remotely erase your droid should it be compromised.

3) i assume you still need your contacts to be useful, so i don't think that there is a way to store the data on your phone.

Droidnought

Reaction score
3) i assume you still need your contacts to be useful, so i don't think that there is a way to store the data on your phone.
B-Folders Contacts has "Send" and "Dial" buttons that pass an email address or phone number to the correct app. Of course once the phone number has been dialed, it shows up in the call log, but that can be purged.

The contact list (and other B-Folders data) is stored in an encrypted database on the phone. It will store an encrypted backup to the SD card as well as export an unencrypted CSV copy.

I have no connection to the B-Folders people, but I would suggest anyone looking to secure data on their phone give it a close look.

Wally