is miui on gb kernel yet?

hockeyhead019

Reaction score
Just curious since I didn't feel like flashing back to froyo... love the rom just felt the need to change things up some since we hadn't gotten an update in a while but alas literally two days after i flash cm7 we get an update haha wtf?? lol

Anyways what is the deal GB or not?

Cheers!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
EDIT: My bad. I am not sure about the D2 version. I thought I clicked on the DX forum! I am going to look now for you!

EDIT2: It looks like it is not. Sorry. The latest version I see is 1.9.9 and it still says froyo kernel.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can someone simply port the latest MIUI to the D2? I don't care much for MIUI on GB right now, as it won't be stable for awhile anyway.

HavoC

Reaction score
MIUI has been ported to the droid 2, not sure what version it is but it does run on the froyo kernel

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

jwezesa

Reaction score
Flashed this rom this morning. Real quick and stable. Jakesmods work just fine. No troubles. 60% battery after 5 hours with a lot of use and downloading. So far battery seems about the same as cm7gb

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

ugandanbear

Reaction score
Flashed this rom this morning. Real quick and stable. Jakesmods work just fine. No troubles. 60% battery after 5 hours with a lot of use and downloading. So far battery seems about the same as cm7gb

I have a couple of questions: What version of Jakesmods are you using? And while using it, can you get superuser permission on all apps that ask for it?

jwezesa

Reaction score
I have a couple of questions: What version of Jakesmods are you using? And while using it, can you get superuser permission on all apps that ask for it?

V9. Since the install of Jake's mods it appears that I lost root. Titanium backup and rom manager can't access root. Root check says I'm not rooted. Not at a PC till tomorrow so I can't re-root ATM.

ugandanbear

Reaction score
That sucks. Yeah, I had issues with Jakesmods losing my su privileges. I didn't know if it was fixed somehow.

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
It is most likely due to busybox being modified or no longer in /system/bin or /system/xbin. Without access to Root Explorer, it's unclear if busybox and su are still in one of those folders. What you'll need to do is get the latest version of Superuser and you will need to go through the Settings, on that app, and enable Root. Once you do that, you can then open up Root Explorer and check on su and busybox. You can also go ahead and get fresh copies of su and busybox and delete the old copies that were in /system/bin or /system/xbin (since I don't know if they were modified at all) and place the fresh copies of su and busybox in there. It doesn't appear to matter if it is placed in either folder. On my D2, it's placed in the /system/xbin.

**EDIT: Forgot to say, if you have any Superuser.apk (app) then get rid of them. For some reason I had more than 2 (older version and latest version) Superuser apps. I found 3 previous versions which seemed to have been causing issues to allow the latest version to install. So get rid of all of them, get the newest version from the Market.

hond2

Reaction score
Mostly gree with theSwaggeR. I didnt need 1 from market, but definately make sure you don't have multiple versions!
Remember..
THEN you have to physically go into the stock su app and toggle root to on. Root is OFF by default within the app. Actually a good security feature, just took a while to find. You are looking for Superuser with an icon that looks like a certificate with ribbon or award. Toggle inside that one.

jwezesa

Reaction score
Simply downloaded superuser from the market. It updated. I cleared any root programs data. Ran the program. Bam root access granted!

jamba7

Reaction score
For some reason my music and photos aren't showing up on this rom. Any ideas how to fix that?

OP
hockeyhead019

hockeyhead019

Reaction score
I should be able to put this over CM7 then correct? I miss MIUI feel... alot lol. Is the MIUI updater working or do we still have to wait for it to be ported?