Is it really safe to eject the USB?

ottoajalah

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I did some research on Google...since SGS3 runs on Media Transfer Protocol, there is no need for safe eject...unlike normal USB.

So, just want to confirm, what do you guys think?

Please note, not only is it safe to take it out without safe eject, but I also cannot find the "safely eject" option! Both by right clicking the phone and at the bottom right near the date and time, I cannot find it.

Peirceman

Reaction score
Since it takes no time to eject, I would eject just to be on the safe side. The purpose for ejecting is to ensure the files are done writing to the card before removal, so always eject!

OP
O

ottoajalah

Reaction score
Thank you, but did you even read my original post?

I mentioned there is no "eject" button...I know the basic things about computers, but I cannot find safely eject.....

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I have owned all Moto Driods, not positive if it is any different on S3. But my answer would depend on what version of Windows are you running? In Win8 and 7 there is a little up arrow on the right side of the sys tray. Click that and the eject check mark is there. Older versions the check mark appeared right in the sys tray

OP
O

ottoajalah

Reaction score
I have checked everywhere. I am no expert but not a total beginner to computers. Yet I cannot find the eject button.

Is it true that with MTP since they do not write caches, it is not necessary to safely eject? Just want someone to confirm

virgil71468

Reaction score
Dude, right click your usb icon bottom right on desktop. The menu that pops up should be self explanatory. I've pulled usb a hundred times without "pushing the eject button" and never had ill effects.

OP
O

ottoajalah

Reaction score
Did you even read?

I have checked everywhere.

no expert but not a total beginner to computers

Yet I cannot find the eject button.

skennelly

Reaction score
The eject button is not always visible, which is why you can't find it. Therefore, no need to eject.

Sent from my SCH-I535

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You don't need to eject. And I have even removed my Nexus (which uses MTP) while transferring, without losing data.