Is it possible to transfer apps to a new phone?

Soucouant61

Reaction score
Not that I'm changing phones soon, but I have several paid apps including the $20 Construction Master pro that I use daily. I was wondering, If I did get a new phone how can I transfer these. I can believe I'd have to buy them again?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
dont have to repurchase them - just sign in with the same gmail account youre using now and theyll be in the market under downloads

northwestyew

Reaction score
Your paid app will be synced when you sync your gmail account

Edit: dang it I missed the jump
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mack19318

Reaction score
If its an android phone you log in with your gmail account then your contacts will transfer and your paid apps will transfer.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
S

Soucouant61

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
A friend recently got an D Inc as his first smart phone--against my advice. Nothing against the D Inc, just he has HUGE fingers and I knew he would have trouble toucking tiny icons. I recommended the DX.

He is now considering maybe getting bigger unit. We all use the Construction Master Pro and I could not answer how it would transfer to the new phone. I might do the same in the future.

SailorGirl

Reaction score
dont have to repurchase them - just sign in with the same gmail account youre using now and theyll be in the market under downloads

My first login, my first search, hit the nail on the head. THANK YOU!!
:heart: HTC T'Bolt (so far).

megadroidhead

Reaction score
if you have verizon

if you use the same gmail account from your old phone to open up new phone it will let you transfer your "paid for" apps to your new phone

billynair

Reaction score
I found that the paid apps are there waiting for me when I go into the app market. The question I have is:
I moved a majority of the apps to the SD card. I have to now go back and reinstall all of them, aren't they still on the card? cant I just make them run someway?

The biggest concern is the preferences, i dont want to have to go through and redo all the freking settings! that is a pain in the butt and the major reason why I didnt turn my phone back in for nearly a month even though the screen was malfunctioning, I didnt want to have to reinstall everything and redo the settings!

Is there any way to transfer the apps back to the phone from the CD card?

(I had one app that kept all the settings from before, very nice, but I still had to download it from the market...)

B

Brucew0617

When you sign in your phone with your google account, it will auto download the app which you had purchased and downloaded.