Is it just me or is it hard to use the touchscreen on the D2?

linkedup8484

Reaction score
This may just be because my old phone was a resistive touch screen (nokia 5800) but I have found it extremely difficult to use the touch screen on the D2, especially when I have to pick out small links or check small boxes or other things that involve precision. I often have to click on something several times, and many of those times I will click the link/box above or below the thing I am trying to press on. On my old phone I could pick out things with the tip of my fingernail or use the stylus, but this is getting extremely frustrating trying to press with the parts of my finger than the screen can register (I have normal sized fingers).

Is this just me not being used to capacitive touch screens, or is this a problem for others? It is really getting annoying having to click something 20+ times and/or hitting the wrong button, and it doesn't help that a lot of mobile websites don't let you zoom in far enough to make it easier. I love touch screens, but I don't think any new phones have resistive touch screens and I don't want to use some old crappy phone again. Any suggestions?

illb1u2

Reaction score
try skyfire (also gives some flash content) as a different browser might be a little easier to zoom but that screen is made from a hard crystal like some high end watchs... makes it harder to break but u give up a lil sensitivty of the screen there's also a menu function "accessibility # least that's te name on the droid x which is basically the same as D2 just somethings are named differetly

LostRedneck

Reaction score
Capacitive touch screens do have less precision than resistive however since it seems what you are doing mostly involves web browsing just pinch out to zoom in on the object you want to inter act with. Works with the default browser so you don't loose your flash abilities

OP
L

linkedup8484

Reaction score
there's also a menu function "accessibility # least that's te name on the droid x which is basically the same as D2 just somethings are named differetly

that zoom function under accessibility is exactly what I need,but is there a way to make it go away most of the time and only show up when you press something to activate it? It's weird to have it there all the time...