Is Droid Turbo getting Lollipop?

Wait, I thought voice and data was supposed to be fixed by an update back in December? I just got a turbo last week, are you telling me that this crap still isn't working?

I don't think there would be as many Turbo owners carrying torches and pitchforks if you guys actually had dual antennas and your device automatically had access to simultaneous voice & data.
But that's just me.....I've had the feature for years, so I don't know...I'm sure I take it for granted. I know I use the option frequently, and it would suck not having it.

Other than that, the actual Lollipop changelog features are meh, so at least you aren't missing much there. (I know that's no consolation) It has to be frustrating for sure....It's like having a brand new vette but you're stuck driving it in a gated community that has speed bumps every 500 feet. (Ok, that was a weak analogy! LOL)
The point is, we know Verizon is capable of pushing out timely updates...there is obviously something within this update that isn't playing well with the Turbo.
Damn Moto....seems like there's always a trade off or sacrifice somewhere with their devices.

S5 tap'n
That's what it's like..I bought a vette..and I can only drive it on the lot..waiting for the pcm to be replaced to make it reliable....makes me nostalgic for the vette I had to sell...LOL

Reactions: cr6
The fella is one of the editors of Android Police, they're not known for spreading rubbish.
That's what I mean..he's holding his ground..he must believe in this..

Hardware wise, what's so strange about this phone? It has an 805 SOC, and a qHD screen. No exotic processor or modem.
We have one antenna.. This is all about HD calling or ac...or volte...whichever..

I don't really talk on my phone. Less then 60 minutes in the last billing cycle.

TapaTurbo
Same here..I hardly talk..but when i use GPS at times and a call comes in..its nice to maintain the lock..that drops at times..

Same here..I hardly talk..but when i use GPS at times and a call comes in..its nice to maintain the lock..that drops at times..
Unless you need to make a left turn RIGHT NOW - non issue.

TapaTurbo

Don't be content with a device from 2007 Pere'....these devices (or MOST Android devices) can do more than one thing at a time. LOL!

S5 tap'n

Unless you need to make a left turn RIGHT NOW - non issue.

TapaTurbo
Dude..my device better do everything a Samsung does..everything an HTC does....I'm not content with something that works to 2010 standards...or I'd get an iPhone...also..this is on vzw's page..
uploadfromtaptalk1433994183689.png

Reactions: cr6
Seeing it will be released in waves, how does one get lucky enough to check via OTA? Even if you purchased it 1st, no way to know if they'll actually push it out to you 1st. Could one check every hour and get lucky with a time and happen to run into the update prompt?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back