Is Droid Turbo getting Lollipop?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I personally doubt it..I think it will be closer to July ..maybe August.. But that makes me mad as heck too..I don't plop down nearly 700$ on something.. For it not to be kept cutting edge or reasonably updated..

My turbo doesn't have any glitches or defects that many have..some say..don't buy a device based on what they say it should be getting..i say that's a big part of buying a phone for us..knowing that it will be kept relevant for at least 2 years ..and in a timely manner..

Moto has dropped the ball on this, and vzw has helped..I love droids..but this is just getting out of hand..they gave is info in March.. Its been sometime...they need to neither update their progress...or release the timeframe in which they will..this silence is just dumb..

And what's with their soak tests as of late??is it only the people I know that are in them (that number is nearly 100) but moto hasn't been handling their soaks normally..makes you really wonder what's up..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Truth be told...the turbo would've had 5.0 in January if not for vzw wanting something to do with advanced calling and their network rollout shortcomings..that's the scoop I got..
But info anymore is he said she said..

Moto and vzw need to get this rolling already..or buy back some turbos..won't happen..but I bet tons of people would gladly make em swallow em..especially all of those who can't hold a call and browse..I can do that..thankfully..

Hodor

Reaction score
Getting harder and harder to keep justifying to myself why I keep sticking with Motorola....

Reactions: cr6

1coopgt

Reaction score
Look like yet another rumor with no basis in fact...

+1 People want to believe so quickly too . The first clue was quoting a Verizon Tech. When has a Verizon Tech ever said Bla Bla will be out on a certain date and gotten it right . 0% as far as I know .

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
If anyone has the source file put it here. Definitely will try out the OS. Don't want my mother finding out it's crap. Sister's got 5.0.2 on her S6. Isn't the best, tried it out the other day.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even IF it was today, would you really expect it first thing in the morning?

Well, it is clear that we are not getting it any time soon.

VZW screwed us again... I mean seriously, Lollipop is how old? 9 months? You can't get an update out in the better part of a year?

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Even IF it was today, would you really expect it first thing in the morning?
Uh, Yes please and with my coffee..
and while I try to turn off the voice caller ID announcement on my land line phone system..errrr.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Well, it is clear that we are not getting it any time soon.

VZW screwed us again... I mean seriously, Lollipop is how old? 9 months? You can't get an update out in the better part of a year?

7 months. Released on 10/15.

7 months. Wow....

mephisto_kur

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Most of the threads on this forum have been saying "mid-June." Is there a reason we are now deciding that "mid-June" is the 10th? Also, we know from other people that Moto has released several Turbo updates, inclduing 5.0 and 5.0.2 for the Turbo to VZW and VZW has refused to release them because they wanted specific features included. Why all the hate for Moto? They don't really have much choice in this.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
7 months. Released on 10/15.

7 months. Wow....
And with the turbo being released 10/30...the phone is just over 1/4 of it way through the 2 year norm...