is droid 1 not getting gingerbread?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sounds like the Hardware won't support it...

But If it gets rooted it will be running on the Droid.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is really just speculation, Dont take it to heart. I actually believe their is an update to that article, As the "minimum specs" were changed to recommended i think. But even with that i believe its just too much scuttlebutt. Wait for a month or two and see what is happening then. (I dout some dude in russia really has the inside scoop, Not that im bagging on russians... just look where this info is coming from though. Make sure the sources are reliable. This source to me sounds Bogus.)

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Those specs have already been denied by a google developer. That said, we have no idea if the Droid will get the update. Sooner or later it will most likely left behind for the Droid X, Droid 2, Droid Pro, etc. As others have mentioned I am sure the devs will port over any update which could possibly run on the Droid.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those specs have already been denied by a google developer. That said, we have no idea if the Droid will get the update. Sooner or later it will most likely left behind for the Droid X, Droid 2, Droid Pro, etc. As others have mentioned I am sure the devs will port over any update which could possibly run on the Droid.

I am told that there will indeed be an update for Droid for Gingerbread. Eventually.

lol, let's get past Froyo first though. :)