iPhone Style ROM for Incredible?

fallofshadows

Reaction score
Hello all, and happy belated new year's!

Since I have six days off of work (due to my managers being morons), I've decided to make all of my technology look like apple technology. Why? Simply because I can.

So, I've got linux running macbuntu. Step one is done. Next up, I want to make my Incredible look like an iphone. I KNOW there's a rom out there somewhere for it, but I can't for the life of me find it.

Does anyone know what this ROM is called, and if I need to do anything different than usual to install it? I'm running clockwork recovery and CM6.1 right now, if that helps at all.

Thanks a bunch!

oo3

Reaction score
It's called MIUI. Installed on my wife's phone. It is amazing.

OP
F

fallofshadows

Reaction score
I actually managed to find and download it :D so far it's working great, except the email app... for some reason, I can't disable sound notifications in it. When I press menu, I only get "compose" and "reply" as options. I need to play with that and see if I can find a fix, it would be nice if my phone didn't beep at me just to tell me about an email, especially if I'm sleeping lol.

Edit: wow, I'm dumb. I found the option haha

joe3681

Reaction score
There's even a pretty cool iphone theme for miui. Im running it now

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

joker5974

Reaction score
I tried and liked MIUI but there were a couple of bugs I reported to the dev. The nastiest one was being unable to do an OTA update, and this is probably due to the fact that during the setup, there was no way to convince the mod that I wasn't running a GSM set with a SIM card. Doesn't matter anyway, because Big Red is about to launch the real deal on Feb 10...

benner

Reaction score
Haven't tried MIUI yet. any version you guys prefer? Thinking 12.3.0 just cause it's the newest.

Also. haven't really looked into Deodexed setups. Can I revert to stock rom normally?

lsdozer

Reaction score
Haven't tried MIUI yet. any version you guys prefer? Thinking 12.3.0 just cause it's the newest.

Also. haven't really looked into Deodexed setups. Can I revert to stock rom normally?

AFAIK, 1/14 is the newest MIUI rom, haven't run MIUI in a while, so I cant say which is the most stable.

But, I will also steer you to check out wes342's port of the Mytouch4G ROM, which is very "Iphone" like. You can find it on XDA

Almost forgot, OH..

hackja4fun

Reaction score
I tried and liked MIUI but there were a couple of bugs I reported to the dev. The nastiest one was being unable to do an OTA update, and this is probably due to the fact that during the setup, there was no way to convince the mod that I wasn't running a GSM set with a SIM card. Doesn't matter anyway, because Big Red is about to launch the real deal on Feb 10...

Dude you cant do an OTA with any rom........it would just fail the update anyways. Some people just need to but an iphone and go be limited out of th android community.....sad

masully1984

Reaction score

Dude you cant do an OTA with any rom........it would just fail the update anyways. Some people just need to but an iphone and go be limited out of th android community.....sad

ROM manager will do OTA's if the ROM you are running is listed in it