Iphone sent to the land of Misfit Toys for Christmas

GadgetRick

Reaction score
More like an attack in AT&T, not apple.

One thing I found funny in the rebuttal of AT&T with that actor naming off cities is that you would figure the planning behind the commercial would be done better. Think about it..when he names places, he names capitals of the state or well known areas in each state..

"Chicago, "Spokane",... whatever. Better planning by AT&T would have had them naming relatively unknown cities in those same states.

Carelessness.
Well they couldn't do that or it'd be illegal as they don't have coverage in the smaller areas. That's part of the problem with AT&T.

joshua117

Reaction score
HAHAHA...Seeing the first time funny, having the link and sending it to my iphone carrying friend priceless. :D

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If your in an area with 3G......

Agreed. And we have all seen the map which shows the 3G coverage too:)

My wife has an iPhone that is her work issued phone, I don't need to see a map....I hear her complain about it all the time...;)

And we are in the Balt/DC area...

I have a "friend" who lives up there who swears there are no issues with AT&T or thier service. I laugh when i read that. When I was in DC for Thanksgving. My Droid was working on a subway. The IPhone user couldn't get a call out :icon_eek:. go figure

boatman2220

Reaction score
The partnership made in heaven is turning a little sour. Looks like a bad marriage with kids. Apple can't get away fast enough for it to make any difference. Both headed towards the Island Of Misfit Toys. As long as the IPhone has been out and it's not any better than it is. It's always been about the apps and the "look what I've got thing " then when something comes along to question exactly how good it is, the hand wringing, and cries of foul begin. Apple's apps and programs work smoothly on their stuff because it doesn't work on anything else. Kinda a description of a "Misfit " right there.

skiahh

Reaction score
More like an attack in AT&T, not apple.

Absolutely, though the iPhone is fragged by association.

Even though they say that the phone can download apps and browse the web (implication that it's a fully capable phone, limited only by the network), the phone still takes a hit.

darreno1

Reaction score
A friend with an iPhone was telling me recently he got a message telling him to use the data services a little less because it's clogging up the network. That's just sad.

Deuel

Reaction score
I love all these AT&T vs. VZW 3G map commercials! My favorite so far is the football viewing one, where the VZW users map pops up and blocks the game on the TV. He's asked to move out of the way. The AT&T user pops his up and asks if it's a problem. The viewer responds that he's OK. You can see the game clearly through the sparse AT&T coverage map. :biggrin:

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Search Google for "AT&T unlimited data future restrictions" and you will find a ton of articles about this. They are also considering capping their "unlimited" option to 5GB per month. IF they follow thru it will seal their fate IMHO.

If Verizon were to begin a "Family Smartphone Data Sharing Plan" as ATT reduces their unlimited plan it would spank ATT big time (even more than it does now)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
If Verizon were to begin a "Family Smartphone Data Sharing Plan" as ATT reduces their unlimited plan it would spank ATT big time (even more than it does now)

A data sharing plan would be worthless to my Family plan...lol...I average close to 3.5gb/month and the wife is just under 2gb....

alf@eag

Reaction score
A friend with an iPhone was telling me recently he got a message telling him to use the data services a little less because it's clogging up the network. That's just sad.
i go tthis mesasge, thats when i made my decision to go droid.

after that its imminent that they do away with unlimited data and actually start charging.

keiichi25

Reaction score
The partnership made in heaven is turning a little sour. Looks like a bad marriage with kids. Apple can't get away fast enough for it to make any difference. Both headed towards the Island Of Misfit Toys. As long as the IPhone has been out and it's not any better than it is. It's always been about the apps and the "look what I've got thing " then when something comes along to question exactly how good it is, the hand wringing, and cries of foul begin. Apple's apps and programs work smoothly on their stuff because it doesn't work on anything else. Kinda a description of a "Misfit " right there.

Strangely enough I know several iPhone users who are hoping beyond hope that the contract Apple has with AT&T will expire soon as far as the exclusivity to their network. There are those who love their phone, but not the network.

A while ago, there was a thread with regards to all the AT&T commercials and I responded in regards to this...

The Luke Wilson one with their map and the postcards, it was too general and vague to help 'soothe' people into believing they have no problems. They never once addressed the small print Verizon put in their ads and also on their website with regards to the 3G issue of per square foot, which includes building penetration.

The lawsuit of a Cease and Desist on the Network Ads was AT&T's hopeful attempt not to have to address it, but given the fact that it was turned down due to no false information posted by Verizon, the only thing AT&T could do was to hit it from another venue, in this case, speed of network, number of popular smartphones (Which most of them are iPhones) and go with their wireless coverage by basic geography instead of actual effectiveness.

T-Mobile does the same and even their map says my area is covered, but I found the signal to be weak and not very effective. So saying you have coverage, and actually effective coverage comes into play which is what Verizon is harping about now.

Apple is harping network because it has also been at the blunt of Verizon's commercial attacks on AT&T with this very one as well as the Droid commercials hitting on its 'style' as being 'pretty princess' along with being 'uncompromisable'. And to be honest, for a lot of us, the latter is the stronger pull than the former, although the former hits work well for those who didn't care for the iPhone's sense of style either. :)