Iphone sent to the land of Misfit Toys for Christmas

DogPaw

Reaction score
The new Verizon commercial had us laughing for 15 minutes. Apple has done a good job in the past making PC look like an idiot but Verizon pulls out all the stops on this one. I am sure it was not cheap but it is the funniest commercial on TV. Looks like Verizon is getting a little cocky with the Droid and Android operating system. Just wait until some of the bugs are ironed out and there are a lot more apps Verizon will rule the land.

[video=youtube;O30bXECD36I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O30bXECD36I[/video]

Essex

Reaction score
my partner and I both shouted out "oh snap" when we saw that one the first time.

The best thing is, until it gets to the punchline, you don't know if its a pro or anti iphone ad.

OP
DogPaw

DogPaw

Reaction score
Sorry to repost, I searched, I promise.

This is starting to remind me of the Beta VHS wars in the 80's. Beta was a very good system but you could only buy a Sony beta machine. VHS came along and opened their system to the world. We all know how that turned out.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sorry to repost, I searched, I promise.

This is starting to remind me of the Beta VHS wars in the 80's. Beta was a very good system but you could only buy a Sony beta machine. VHS came along and opened their system to the world. We all know how that turned out.

It's a pretty old commercial now, they been showin it since before Thanksgiving pretty funny though.

a good commercial.

jlnguyen

Reaction score
haha first time seeing this commercial... gj verizon

LordKastle

Reaction score
More like an attack in AT&T, not apple.

One thing I found funny in the rebuttal of AT&T with that actor naming off cities is that you would figure the planning behind the commercial would be done better. Think about it..when he names places, he names capitals of the state or well known areas in each state..

"Chicago, "Spokane",... whatever. Better planning by AT&T would have had them naming relatively unknown cities in those same states.

Carelessness.

spalding12

Reaction score
More like an attack in AT&T, not apple.

One thing I found funny in the rebuttal of AT&T with that actor naming off cities is that you would figure the planning behind the commercial would be done better. Think about it..when he names places, he names capitals of the state or well known areas in each state..

"Chicago, "Spokane",... whatever. Better planning by AT&T would have had them naming relatively unknown cities in those same states.

Carelessness.

good point...
you were paying closer attention than i was
very interesting

coolkidd

Reaction score
The commercial is funny as hell..... I worked in a company where I am the one handling phones. Unfortunately, we have a contract with AT&T. They have given me access to their network and I was able to see their 'loads' for any given time.

AT&T is by far fastest compared to Verizon..... However, AT&T could not handle their loads (I mean people with smarphones/iPhones) and this is the reason for their demise.

I have a great discounts with AT&T (in the 30% range) but stayed with Verizon because I like the idea of my Droid being a phone first and all other things second.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb