iPhone Earbuds and Droid Functionality

EMSSTC

Reaction score
did you get it figured out

That's right. I've tried it only in Music, but I've heard it's the same in other apps. Skip song functionality doesn't work, the Volume Up and Down simply double as pause/play, and the Mic didn't work at all for me.

I just tried the 30 doller iphone headset and the mic wouldn't work for me during calls either. Were you able to get it working? Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change?

mpenda

Reaction score
I gave up with wired headsets. I tried 5 different models, all with poor results. I had one pair, not sure which anymore, that the mic did work on, and the button would answer a call, and pause music.

However, I've found that the Bluetooth headsets work great. I have a Motorola set (would have to look up the model if you need me to) that are a behind the head type. You can change volume, pause, skip, replay and answer calls.

The only issues I've noticed are that for the first few minutes, the buttons are sluggish and it has little skips. But then it all smooths out. You also need to keep the phone on your side or in a back pocket or arm band. If you try and keep it in front or low in cargo pants, the signal skips more.

EMSSTC

Reaction score
I gave up with wired headsets. I tried 5 different models, all with poor results. I had one pair, not sure which anymore, that the mic did work on, and the button would answer a call, and pause music.

However, I've found that the Bluetooth headsets work great. I have a Motorola set (would have to look up the model if you need me to) that are a behind the head type. You can change volume, pause, skip, replay and answer calls.

The only issues I've noticed are that for the first few minutes, the buttons are sluggish and it has little skips. But then it all smooths out. You also need to keep the phone on your side or in a back pocket or arm band. If you try and keep it in front or low in cargo pants, the signal skips more.

Thanks for the heads up. Now I know not to waste my time (or money)

gixxerboy

Reaction score
yo guys try the app droid shuffle to make calls and listen to music i havent tried it out yet bc i dident buy my iphone earbuds yet but this app enables all the settings you would need like skipping the song and replay and hangup phone calls and such send me a pm if you test this out please and thank you

mpenda

Reaction score
Yep. I tried that one too. That did not work well at all, at least in my testing, yet some people say it works fine.

dhinged

Reaction score
Did you know AT&T is the only reason I have a Droid? If AT&T didn't have sub-par service, I would own an iPhone and not have to deal with all this behind-the-times crap. Using the Droid, I feel like it's not a finished product yet. The home screen is sluggish, the touchscreen is less responsive than most phones, I can't shuffle a playlist in the music player, I can't use microphone earbuds the way they're used on most phones, I can't find half the podcasts I listen to through Listen, I can't browse contacts when sending a text message, I can't view error messages when Wi-Fi stops working! Ahh!!

The Droid Incredible is a vast improvement, but many of their default apps still don't have the functionality, ease-of-use, and synchronicity that the iPhone does. I thought I was buying a phone that DID more, but I'm finding out that it MAY at a HUGE COST to my time and energy. I'm willing to sacrifice a lot of things just to have the ease-of-use of listening to podcasts, shuffling a playlist, browsing the web, sending texts, making a phone call (AT&T dropped calls aside), staying connected to Wi-Fi, and easily manipulating media without having to look at the phone. I'm willing to sacrifice backgrounds, widgets, file navigation, multi-tasking, navigation to have an easy-to-use experience with the few things I need. But I can't because AT&T SUCKS!!! AHH I can't believe how bad they suck! Most iPhone users I talk to hate them too! Apple DUMP AT&T and go non-exclusive! You'll make more money! I promise!

mackiv

Reaction score
Did you know AT&T is the only reason I have a Droid? If AT&T didn't have sub-par service, I would own an iPhone and not have to deal with all this behind-the-times crap. Using the Droid, I feel like it's not a finished product yet. The home screen is sluggish, the touchscreen is less responsive than most phones, I can't shuffle a playlist in the music player, I can't use microphone earbuds the way they're used on most phones, I can't find half the podcasts I listen to through Listen, I can't browse contacts when sending a text message, I can't view error messages when Wi-Fi stops working! Ahh!!

The Droid Incredible is a vast improvement, but many of their default apps still don't have the functionality, ease-of-use, and synchronicity that the iPhone does. I thought I was buying a phone that DID more, but I'm finding out that it MAY at a HUGE COST to my time and energy. I'm willing to sacrifice a lot of things just to have the ease-of-use of listening to podcasts, shuffling a playlist, browsing the web, sending texts, making a phone call (AT&T dropped calls aside), staying connected to Wi-Fi, and easily manipulating media without having to look at the phone. I'm willing to sacrifice backgrounds, widgets, file navigation, multi-tasking, navigation to have an easy-to-use experience with the few things I need. But I can't because AT&T SUCKS!!! AHH I can't believe how bad they suck! Most iPhone users I talk to hate them too! Apple DUMP AT&T and go non-exclusive! You'll make more money! I promise!

mannnnnnnnnn.....go away.....

cccp1989

Reaction score
Sorry FuriousDingo, I didn't see your response until just today. Hope that doesn't make you more Furiouser.... :)
I DO have those settings set in MixZing, but its only limited functionality. It pauses, resumes and interrupts for phone calls. but no skips or repeats.

Can you please try using the iphone earphones on cubed player. If you can skip songs.

Tremcg

Reaction score
I am currently using the stock music player on the Droid 2.1 with a Bose In-Ear Headset (amazing quality might I add). I searched for a while on how I could get the skip/previous/pause/play/FF/RW fuction out of the mic control button and I am proud to say that I have finally come upon something that works flawlessly (as far as I've tested). Go into the market and download an app called DroidShuffle and TADA! You can set it to control the stock Droid music player or the 3 music player. It has the ability to control your music player as well as end a call which I haven't found in any other app out there as of now. Just thought I'd post my find as I know a lot of you out there have been wondering how the hell do I get my headset to control my music via the mic button. This app also has a lot of other handy settings you can mess around. I have not tried this app with any other headset other than the one I own so try it out and post what headsets work and which ones don't. Enjoy!

jelte12345

Reaction score
Yep. I tried that one too. That did not work well at all, at least in my testing, yet some people say it works fine.
from what i've heard it doesn't work with newer iphone headsets, the ones with the volume controls, but it does with the ones with only one button.
could anyone confirm this?

Tremcg

Reaction score
The app (DroidShuffle) looks for a short between two termials (not sure which ones) in the headphones when the button is pressed (i.e. shorting the left headphone with the mic) so newer headsets with multiple buttons might not work. However, I you get a headset with only one button, which is wired the same as the Bose headset, then you should be set. I'll have to research which two terminals the Bose headset button shorts. I'll post the specs later.