iOS 9.3 Beta Code Hints At No Headphone Jack For The iPhone 7

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm still anti removing the jack actually.
2X this summer I found myself in someone's older car on a longer trip and glad they had an Aux-in...
Or even older, like my truck, that's still using a cassette to headphone jack adapter.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
99.9% of the time when I'm by myself I have the volume all the way down on my radio. When I'm not alone in the truck I turn it off unless my daughter asks me to hear something on one of our phones. At that point I just use the cassette adapter, plug it into my Jabra 3030 unit and go from there. She has control over the music she wants to hear and if it's Bluetooth connected to her G2 it is also hotspotting off my phone.
If they do away with headphone jacks on phones I'm still covered because of the 3030.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'm not a fan of manufacturers removing the headphone jack on smartphones. If it's only being done to make phones "thinner" that's ridiculous. IMO phones are thin enough as it is. Why not keep them the same size and utilize any extra space to beef up the batteries mAh specs instead?
That and I much prefer wired earbuds/headphones over wireless. I'd have to purchase new earbuds AND headphones along with a new fm transmitter for my vehicle. Then there's the whole micro usb/Type C fiasco..... It's like Android manufacturers are becoming Apple with all their new plugs & whatnot.
I'm not super knowledgeable with the latest Apple devices so hopefully someone can verify, but wasn't there a type C connector on one of their devices that also allowed for media to be streamed via this connection as well? Is that the standard, or am I way off here? (It wouldn't be the first time)

S5 tap'n