Inverted gTalk on 4.1.2 roms?

OP
Bense

Bense

Reaction score
Edit: I meant to say, "after literally testing over 40 packages"

bofis

Reaction score
Unfortunately even that zip fails for me with Safestrap 3.1, you are just installing it in recovery, right?? Amusingly, the ICS gtalk zip I had did install without errors, but of course crashes when I try to launch it...sigh

flemdroid

Reaction score
Thank you I will try this tonight... any idea on which inverted gapps are compatible with eclipse jb? I've been looking...

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

bofis

Reaction score
So far, NONE that I've tried...I just had to reinstall Eclipse JB and then re-update gmail because trying to inverted apps made them all crash instantly and this is a completely fresh install so for some reason this is an issue...

OP
Bense

Bense

Reaction score
Uninstall gmail, talk, market, google now, etc etc. Be SURE that they're not any remnants sitting in /system/app.

Format Cache, wipe dalvik.

Don't install any of the gapps packages. Use the talk zip that I posted, and use b-boy's latest market:
http://b-boytm.webnode.com/themed-apps/

u
ninstall gmail, google talk, chrome, calendar, maps, keep, google voice, google+, youtube, translate, google now, google music, reader.. everything.

You may need to use rom toolbox pro. or titanium backup to FULLY uninstall those apps.

THEN install the apps from the b-boy page.

I'm on eclipse ROM, 1.0.4, in STOCK slot. and I've got inverted:
Talk
Gmail
Calendar
Market
Voice
Chrome
Youtube
Maps
Keep
Reader
Google+
Facebook
Facebook Messenger
Twitter
Instagram
Spotify
google now

i'm trying my hardest to think of any non-inverted app that i use, and i'm just drawing a blank

bofis

Reaction score
This, unfortunately has not worked for me. I'm really only trying to get inverted Talk, and I even uninstalled with Titanium Backup, tried the top zip and ones from b-boy and I get a weird error about it expecting fewer arguments or something and failed?

OP
Bense

Bense

Reaction score
did you ever get it working?

bofis

Reaction score
Nope, I gave up. I'm still using the old gtalk app, but no inverted one ever worked for me. It's at least better than the Hangouts app that replaces it, at least for now.