Introduction: Military, Programmer, Security

qat

Reaction score
Where to begin here. These things always seem like they're the hardest to create. I'm 23 years old and currently enlisted in the US Navy, working in the technology field (If you need to know more, PM me). I went to ITT Tech for 2 years for Software Application Programming. I got a great base of work in PHP, C, Java, and Visual Basic (blah). Since then, i've done projects in PHP, PERL, Python, and C just for fun on the side.

I've always used Windows as a desktop operating system. At the same time, i've preferred Linux as a development system. I have run and managed IRC networks, Forums, high end technological systems, managed a 150,000 unique visitor/daily web site, and trained puppies. I've run the gammut without specializing too much. There are huge gaps in every area i've worked in, but enough to fulfill the needs.

This Motorola Droid is the first smart phone i've ever purchased, and intend on taking it for everything it is worth. I intend on writing all of my own applications as I need them, and running a barebones phone. Hopefully.

If anyone wants to reach out and network, or work on projects together, please let me know. I'm interested in getting involved.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I appreciate your service to our great nation. I work as a civilian for the DOD, supporting troops such as yourself.

Here you'll find all the answers to your Droid questions and more. With your background you'll be writing killer apps soon.

OP
qat

qat

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I appreciate your service to our great nation. I work as a civilian for the DOD, supporting troops such as yourself.

Here you'll find all the answers to your Droid questions and more. With your background you'll be writing killer apps soon.

Aha, in NC eh? I've been to Fort Bragg and Camp Lejeune both in the past year. Maybe we've crossed paths and didn't even know it!

I look forward to working with you all.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Well you can say you've been to God's country! :)
I've had a training class at Bragg; never been to Lejeune though.
Whatever language Android is written in (maybe it's android itself, IDK) brush up on it and when you load your apps to the Marketplace, let us know.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome to the Forum!

Squids are more than Welcome :D USMC Here

OP
qat

qat

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum!

Squids are more than Welcome :D USMC Here

Rah! I've worked closely with some devils in the past, and of course partied with you guys! Good times!