Introduction from Ohio

nanllyn

Reaction score
I had a Sammy Omnia that I only had just under a year. Loved the phone tired of Microsoft sync. It wouldn't sync half the time and the other half the phone froze up sometime. I was never one to put any programs on my phone except a password keeper and List maker. So I really struggled if I wanted to change from a MS moble phone to a platform that I have never had any dealings with at all. Knew absolutely nothing about, never even heard of it.
I have to say I don't regret it one single moment at this point. The only thing I am having problems with (and there are a lot of others as well) is the camera. When I have gotten it to focus the photos are really good for a camera phone. If I am going to a function that I want to take lots of photos and/or keepsakes, I will take my camera. So not a big deal but would be a very convenient on the fly camera if they can fix the problems.
The only other problem I'm having is figuring out how to do customized ringtones to my contacts. And then I can't find the trash can that people are talking about to drag widgets to.
Other than that this is an amazing phone in every way and so many free apps to use.
Oh yea we have not found a phone in 5 years (and there have been many of our friends' phones as well as all the ones we have bought) that can make a phone call from many spots in our house (it is concrete block) and no one can from the basement. I just made a phone call without any signal drop in my basement! Wooohooo! What great reception!!
Anyone considering this phone, I would say go for it.
Nancy

Last edited:

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a Sammy Omnia that I only had just under a year. Loved the phone tired of Microsoft sync. It wouldn't sync half the time and the other half the phone froze up sometime. I was never one to put any programs on my phone except a password keeper and List maker. So I really struggled if I wanted to change from a MS moble phone to a platform that I have never had any dealings with at all. Knew absolutely nothing about, never even heard of it.
I have to say I don't regret it one single moment at this point. The only thing I am having problems with (and there are a lot of others as well) is the camera. When I have gotten it to focus the photos are really good for a camera phone. If I am going to a function that I want to take lots of photos and/or keepsakes, I will take my camera. So not a big deal but would be a very convenient on the fly camera if they can fix the problems.
The only other problem I'm having is figuring out how to do customized ringtones to my contacts. And then I can't find the trash can that people are talking about to drag widgets to.
Other than that this is an amazing phone in every way and so many free apps to use.
Oh yea we have not found a phone in 5 years (and there have been many of our friends' phones as well as all the ones we have bought) that can make a phone call from many spots in our house (it is concrete block) and no one can from the basement. I just made a phone call without any signal drop in my basement! Wooohooo! What great reception!!
Anyone considering this phone, I would say go for it.
Nancy

:welcome: to the forum. We're glad you here and happy. Enjoy!

OP
N

nanllyn

Reaction score
Love this forum

So far I've found out how to do customized ringtones for my contacts and learned that if you drag the widgets downward the bottom becomes a trash can. Wow! This is such a fun phone.
The one problem I can see now is the fact that I should have been doing housework 5 hours ago but I have been playing with my phone, setting up my contacts and reading posts.
I'm sure tomorrow is another day!
Thanks everyone for all your input it helps us newbies that don't know how to do all of this.
Nancy:icon_ banana: