Internet Problem! PLEASE Help!

Dienasty

Reaction score
Okay, so I've owned the Motorola Droid for almost a year now and never had any problems with it really, until 2 months ago. I am currently using Bugless Beast V.5, if that helps.

The problem is my internet connection. It'll work fine for about 2 minutes, then it will stop completely, however 3G is still on the screen. The only way to get my internet working again is to put my Droid into Airplane Mode, then exit back outta Airplane Mode. Then it'll work for another 2 minutes, then quit. I figured it may be towers or something near me, or something that would eventually fix itself, but this is the end of month 2 of having to do this.

Bugless Beast is not the problem, because it did the same thing on the ROM I had before Bugless Beast. I have tried resetting my phone.. everything.

I'm thinking about going back to stock, then back to Bugless Beast.

Has anyone heard of this problem? My service is great here and I've always had 3G.. it's something that can be fixed, I know.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys! :)

fox_dye

Reaction score
I would go back to a stock rom and see if that fixes it. If not then unroot. If the problem still persists then your phone might be shot. Also try *228 option 2 to update your prl before doind anything. It might help. If nothing helps its time for a replacement.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.....

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Dial *22899

OP
D

Dienasty

Reaction score
Tried *228 and the other mentioned. Still getting the same result. It's weird because, the internet will go away only with webpages.. If I'm download a torrent, it'll keep downloading.. but after it's complete and I try to visit a webpage, it won't work.

Another example is like.. if I'm on Skype video chat with someone, it'll continue to work. But nothing else will. It's like whatever is running at the time will continue to work. It's really annoying.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Okay, so I've owned the Motorola Droid for almost a year now and never had any problems with it really, until 2 months ago. I am currently using Bugless Beast V.5, if that helps.

The problem is my internet connection. It'll work fine for about 2 minutes, then it will stop completely, however 3G is still on the screen. The only way to get my internet working again is to put my Droid into Airplane Mode, then exit back outta Airplane Mode. Then it'll work for another 2 minutes, then quit. I figured it may be towers or something near me, or something that would eventually fix itself, but this is the end of month 2 of having to do this.

Bugless Beast is not the problem, because it did the same thing on the ROM I had before Bugless Beast. I have tried resetting my phone.. everything.

I'm thinking about going back to stock, then back to Bugless Beast.

Has anyone heard of this problem? My service is great here and I've always had 3G.. it's something that can be fixed, I know.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys! :)

Same kernel with both ROMs?

OP
D

Dienasty

Reaction score
I am currently using the newest version of Ultimate Droid.. it seems to be working better, however, it still does the same problem.. just not as much.

If I use Vuze and download something, nothing else will work.. also once the download finishes.. webpages will no longer work.

OP
D

Dienasty

Reaction score
Also, I'm not too sure when it comes to 'kernel'.. I only downloaded the Ultimate Droid and flash it. I don't know too much about kernels.