Internet Calling

sam_gordon

Reaction score
Trying to turn on internet calling on my X2. Settings --> Call Settings has nothing for Internet Calling (that group isn't even there). Running 2.3.3. Am I missing something?

1buda

Reaction score
Trying to turn on internet calling on my X2. Settings --> Call Settings has nothing for Internet Calling (that group isn't even there). Running 2.3.3. Am I missing something?

I just checked my call setting, no Internet Calling.

srvctec

Reaction score
Never heard of that built into a phone. My DX2 definitely doesn't have it.

Sent from my DROID X2

myriad46

Reaction score
What is it that you are looking to do? Could you explain what you want to accomplish, and maybe someone will be able to point you in the right direction. Is this a feature you had previously, or have heard of? A little more info and we may be able to help you.

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
There are a couple of different types of internet calling...if what you are trying to do is UMA (Voice calls, SMS/Texts and Data through a WIFI point because you cannot get service wherever you are) the only U.S. carrier that supports that on android is T-Mobile.

wirecutter

Reaction score
There are a couple of different types of internet calling...if what you are trying to do is UMA (Voice calls, SMS/Texts and Data through a WIFI point because you cannot get service wherever you are) the only U.S. carrier that supports that on android is T-Mobile.

Gingerbread has a built in SIP client. I think the answer to his question is that no carrier is going to leave that functionality since it directly competes with their voice plans. I imagine you'll have to find a third party ROM.