International Use of Razr Maxx without prior US Account?

GotnFX

Reaction score
QUESTION: PLs, pls, say that the info above applies to DROID RAZR, too! May have need to attend wedding in Italy, and would like to know if Droid RAZR will accept Euro SIM card. If not, any suggestions? Thx!

The OG RAZR and RAZR Maxx are the same phone..besides battery. If you are on ICS, it should work. But I can't confirm this.

GotnFX

Reaction score

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
QUESTION: PLs, pls, say that the info above applies to DROID RAZR, too! May have need to attend wedding in Italy, and would like to know if Droid RAZR will accept Euro SIM card. If not, any suggestions? Thx!

GotnFX is 100% correct. Except for the battery (and the size of the back casing to accomodate the battery), the Droid RAZR and the Droid RAZR MAXX are exactly the same phone. They run identical software and have identical hardware. So outside of the battery, anything that applies to the RAZR MAXX also applies to the RAZR.

helron

Reaction score
Thanks to all! Now, the BIG Q: If and when Moto releases JellyBean OTA, will capability change? Any folks out there using Xmas OTA push or have installed JF leak, can perhaps jump in to this conversation.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Thanks to all! Now, the BIG Q: If and when Moto releases JellyBean OTA, will capability change? Any folks out there using Xmas OTA push or have installed JF leak, can perhaps jump in to this conversation.

No, it will not change the fact that the SIM slot is unlocked. :)

helron

Reaction score
Thanks! My family will be happy! They use Razr and Maxx. Should we buy SIMM in USA or Europe? Also, I read somewhere that if in contact w VZ tower outside if USA, service will fail. We use VZ, is this true?