Internal Memory?

blackngray70

Reaction score
When you go to settings/SD & phone storage, what does your internal phone storage say for available memory?

Mine says 2.40GB. Shouldn't it be somewhere around 8GB?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I have maybe 700 MB of the 6.6 GB USED

Holy hell man!

kptphalkon

Reaction score
The thing is, I have full stock with all the bloat. Most if not all but 1 of my apps are stored on the internal memory

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
Wow, that is a ridiculous amount of bloat. Hopefully we get root soon so we can ditch most of that garbage!

funkyb

Reaction score
Wow, that is a ridiculous amount of bloat. Hopefully we get root soon so we can ditch most of that garbage!

Mine also says 2.5GB free, but that is not what concerns me. When I run Elixir, it says TOTAL 2.6GB right under the 2.5GB free. What is up with that? Is Elixir wrong, am I interpreting this wrong, or does this phone have 2.6GB of total internal flash storage?

sportadic22

Reaction score
ya there is soooo much i want to get rid off.. its crowding my app menu hahaa

OP
blackngray70

blackngray70

Reaction score
This phone is supposed to have 8GB's of internal memory. I find it hard to believe that the OS and bloatware is using 5 1/2 GB's.

My Inc had 8GB and it usually showed about 6GB free.

funkyb

Reaction score
This phone is supposed to have 8GB's of internal memory. I find it hard to believe that the OS and bloatware is using 5 1/2 GB's.

My Inc had 8GB and it usually showed about 6GB free.

Forget free, Elixir says 2.6GB Total... wth?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Mini info is showing 2.4GB for me as well. There is a lot of bloat so who knows until we get root to remove it.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Well when formatted the card should have ~7.2 of that 8 Gigs available. And yes it is frackin impossible that the OS and preinstalled apps are using over 5 gigabytes...a freshly loaded desktop windows 7 won't even use half of that (depending on options).

givmedew

Reaction score
Well when formatted the card should have ~7.2 of that 8 Gigs available. And yes it is frackin impossible that the OS and preinstalled apps are using over 5 gigabytes...a freshly loaded desktop windows 7 won't even use half of that (depending on options).

win 7 takes 16gb and doesnt have options to reduce install size without using a very difficult to use advanced application.

anyways that asside i did notice that there is not a emmc folder in the system directory like on the incredile. also the camera doesnt function without the card unlike the incredible which leads me to believe this internal memory is meant to be used differentely.

dexstar

Reaction score
Noticed this. Kind of new to Android but did some digging with astro and a folder called proc was HUGE, I looked inside and there were literally hundreds of folders all containing the same 30~ files.