Intermittent custom ringtones

musicbysterling

Reaction score
Ok, still driving me crazy. Hardly running anything on phone. Friend will call..default ringtone..hang up..she calls again...custom ringtone. Tried contacting HTC, no help. Why is this happening randomly? I have ringtones set up properly or would never ring with custom tone. Help!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
M

musicbysterling

Reaction score
Yes, well, at least I'm not the only one. I will mention to HTC that it's not some random quirk on just my phone or user error in set-up. Thanks

cavillis

Reaction score
Ok, still driving me crazy. Hardly running anything on phone. Friend will call..default ringtone..hang up..she calls again...custom ringtone. Tried contacting HTC, no help. Why is this happening randomly? I have ringtones set up properly or would never ring with custom tone. Help!

this happens if the phone doesnt wake up fast enough from a low clock setting.

set your minimum clock higher than 250mhz and it shouldnt happen

when you receive a call, if your phone was idle it was sitting with its clock @250mhz. You received a call and when a request went out for your custom ringtone, it couldn't retrieve it quick enough so it fell back to a default

ionide

Reaction score

this happens if the phone doesnt wake up fast enough from a low clock setting.

set your minimum clock higher than 250mhz and it shouldnt happen

when you receive a call, if your phone was idle it was sitting with its clock @250mhz. You received a call and when a request went out for your custom ringtone, it couldn't retrieve it quick enough so it fell back to a default

I doubt they're rooted and underclocking and calling HTC about it

OP
M

musicbysterling

Reaction score
Not rooted and phone will start custom ringtone from complete sleep both with default and with actual custom sound so I'm not sure that sleep mode is the issue. The phone will be in exact "condition" both types of ringtones. Truly puzzling.