Interesting conversation with Verizon Tech Support

smokie11

Reaction score
I called Verizon Tech Support today as I have in the past to inquire about the Froyo 2.2 update, in past calls the response was " we know nothing response ".

Today it went down a little different and I thought it was worth mentioning. I asked the rep. specifically about the 2.2 update and she said: " Let me see if I can push it thru (Froyo 2.2) to your phone now " and gave me a string of characters and numbers to dial similar to the string you dial to access the hidden menu.

For a moment my heart was racing and I thought maybe I lucked into the promised land; it did not work. She said she was sorry apparently it is not available to my area yet, her words. She took some information from me and promised to call me back as soon as update is available in my area.

I know this can mean nothing, however it is my first ever contact with Verizon where the rep. knew what I was talking about and actually said it will happen as opposed to "we know nothing". :)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll bet she's at lunch right now regaling her friends with the hilarious joke she played on a some poor unsuspecting caller!! :)

JK - I hope the update is coming soon for you guys. I know it sucks having to wait like this!

Good luck.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't read much about your device but is it available to install manually?

OP
S

smokie11

Reaction score
I'll bet she's at lunch right now regaling her friends with the hilarious joke she played on a some poor unsuspecting caller!! :)

JK - I hope the update is coming soon for you guys. I know it sucks having to wait like this!

Good luck.

I considered that the rep. was just a frisky young girl wanting to have a little fun at an old guy's expense; that ok with me, she had a sexy voice and had my heart pumping for a moment!!! Is all good, her approach was far more entertaining than the " we know nothing " robots. :icon_ banana:

OP
S

smokie11

Reaction score

I believe there are rom's available for the Fascinate to install 2.2 unofficial version, it is my understanding that not all features will work on the phone.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Good luck.

I considered that the rep. was just a frisky young girl wanting to have a little fun at an old guy's expense; that ok with me, she had a sexy voice and had my heart pumping for a moment!!! Is all good, her approach was far more entertaining than the " we know nothing " robots. :icon_ banana:

Watched a goofy Bruce Willis movie last night in which he kept tearing up his retirement checks just so he could call and talk to the lady in Human Resources!!

When I call tech services I always get "William" in India. :icon_evil:

fluidj

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet a large sum of money she hadn't a clue what the 2.2 update was and she was actually attempting to push the pattern lock screen fix update to correct the emergency dial problem.

OP
S

smokie11

Reaction score
I'm willing to bet a large sum of money she hadn't a clue what the 2.2 update was and she was actually attempting to push the pattern lock screen fix update to correct the emergency dial problem.

It is possible of course she was either pretending or uninformed, I am not naive, however she called the 2.2 update Froyo (her words) and acknowledged that not having Flash 10.1 (her words again) and being limited to only certain web sites was reason enough to be upset.

She certainly could have just been stroking me about Froyo coming soon, but I don't believe she was confused. about patches or fixes being Froyo.

Last edited:

fishmstr

Reaction score
You know what really sucks, I can't even view the VZW website fully because it uses flash. What a crock of bovine feces.

Mujibar

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I believe there are rom's available for the Fascinate to install 2.2 unofficial version, it is my understanding that not all features will work on the phone.

I flashed the unofficial Froyo ROM that was made available on XDA two days ago. Everything's running great! Will probably flash the latest Super Clean ROM (v0.8) tonight.

Jamis0n

Reaction score

I flashed the unofficial Froyo ROM that was made available on XDA two days ago. Everything's running great! Will probably flash the latest Super Clean ROM (v0.8) tonight.

I did that also the other day. What does supervlean offer me?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
sounds like my conversations regarding 2.3 on my device. VZW always says...."we don't know anything about it" I love their involvement.

jimv2000

Reaction score
Using 2.2 right now. It's so much smoother than 2.1. You can always flash the leaked Rom if you're impatient.

Sent from my SCH-I500

Gypsy Mama

Reaction score
I just spoke to tech support and she said 2.2 was released on feb 2, and should be rolling out to handsets over the next few weeks... We'll see

Swvapunk69

Reaction score
Oh really i think it would be out every were if that was true. Like someone would be sayibgci got 2.2 and its not the leaked one don't u?