Installing rubix focused 1.9.5

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I LOVE emo/rock/screamo/hardcore music and I want to find some new bands. So can anyone tell me some names of some awesome emo bands?? Techno music will work also. Like Metro Station or The Medic Drod.

So completely off topic but ill answer anyways.....

We Came As Romans
Woe, Is Me
For The Fallen Dreams
For Today
Asking Alexandria
The Devil Wears Prada

I got alot more.... pm me if you want some of them

I dont like most of those but We Came As Romans and For the Fallen Dreams (especially the first album) are hella badass bands. I listen to alot of veil of maya, august burns red, volumes, necrophagist, psycroptic, deftones (deftones is my all time favorite) those are some of my favs, i listen to a **** ton of bands tho, i have over 200gb of music.....great now im adding to my thread being hijacked lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

August Burns Red is great too. I saw WCAR 1/23 with Woe and For Today and they were amazing. They were even down a member, lead guitarist had something really really bad and couldnt play for like 3/4ths of the tour (was the Motel Six Rock Yourself To Sleep Tour. Had WCAR, Woe is me, For Today, The Word Alive, and Texas In July)

LOL i remember that post, was kinda funny (in a way) to read. Thats how i was when i had to sbf, was thinking "oh god, i hope this works..... i dont want to go back to my crappy Alias 1 that the keyboard is about to fall off of" (its hanging by like 2 little bitty pieces of plastic and thats it). Also had the "my moms gonna kill me if she finds out" thing.....

btw, emo isnt a genre. Neither is screamo for that matter.....

But i got one more question, i just downloaded rubix focusex 2.0.1 from the official thread for that rom, i did it from my phone not pc, and so where on the sdcard does stuff like that usually save? And i dont have to unzip do i? Just hit install zip from sdcard in the cwm recovery mode?

Correct, I normally just drop it on the root of the sd card so its easier to get to in cwm. Leave it zipped, otherwise it wont install. Yep, make sure to wipe data/cache before also.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
So completely off topic but ill answer anyways.....

We Came As Romans
Woe, Is Me
For The Fallen Dreams
For Today
Asking Alexandria
The Devil Wears Prada

I got alot more.... pm me if you want some of them

I dont like most of those but We Came As Romans and For the Fallen Dreams (especially the first album) are hella badass bands. I listen to alot of veil of maya, august burns red, volumes, necrophagist, psycroptic, deftones (deftones is my all time favorite) those are some of my favs, i listen to a **** ton of bands tho, i have over 200gb of music.....great now im adding to my thread being hijacked lol

August Burns Red is great too. I saw WCAR 1/23 with Woe and For Today and they were amazing. They were even down a member, lead guitarist had something really really bad and couldnt play for like 3/4ths of the tour (was the Motel Six Rock Yourself To Sleep Tour. Had WCAR, Woe is me, For Today, The Word Alive, and Texas In July)

LOL i remember that post, was kinda funny (in a way) to read. Thats how i was when i had to sbf, was thinking "oh god, i hope this works..... i dont want to go back to my crappy Alias 1 that the keyboard is about to fall off of" (its hanging by like 2 little bitty pieces of plastic and thats it). Also had the "my moms gonna kill me if she finds out" thing.....

btw, emo isnt a genre. Neither is screamo for that matter.....

But i got one more question, i just downloaded rubix focusex 2.0.1 from the official thread for that rom, i did it from my phone not pc, and so where on the sdcard does stuff like that usually save? And i dont have to unzip do i? Just hit install zip from sdcard in the cwm recovery mode?

Correct, I normally just drop it on the root of the sd card so its easier to get to in cwm. Leave it zipped, otherwise it wont install. Yep, make sure to wipe data/cache before also.

Thats awesome i would love to see WCAR live. I got to see august burns red, darkest hour, unearth and himsa, all togeher here in seattle a few years back, i love every one of those bands so it was amazing. Darkest hour is the ****, im so sad that they let their OG lead guitarist go 2yrs back(theyve been a band for at least 10yrs) cause Kris Norris was ****ing amazing, he has influenced my playing style so much and learning his guitar parts in their songs is how I learned to do sweep arpeggios a few years ago. Oh and texas in july is pretty dope. Their guitar parts are hella easy to play but they got some wicked breakdowns, and its so energetic and fun to listen to. I found them by accident last year.

And thanks for answering my quesion. Can i move files on my sdcard in my phone or do i have to plug it into my pc and open it up in order to do that, i never tried so thats why im asking. I think i remember seeing a move option

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Nice! Sounds like me with Avenged Sevenfold, Syn's sweep solo's is what taught me how to sweep. I'm hopefully getting to go to warped tour this year and seeing A Skylit Drive (one of if not my absolute favorite bands), Asking Alexandria, WCAR (twice in one year would be epic), A Day to Remember and a bunch of other good bands.

Have to connect to computer with usb cord or use Wifi Explorer and move that way.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Nevermind, i answered my own question, i did what you said and moved the zip to the first/root part of the sdcard. Prolly just gonna make a folder called "Custom ROMs" so that way i can just everything in there for better orginization. I wish i knew what needed to be ony my sdcard and what doesnt cause there is a lot of random files and folders that i have no idea where or what they are for. Oh, but one thing i found is a zip for cwm called update.zip, founx it twice, once on the root of my sdcard and the once in the cwm folder, do i need to use that to update or is it just there for when i do need to update. I wasnt sure if i need to use it now and make sure im updated

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The one in the sdcard is another way of flashing clockwordmod recovery. Not sure what the one on the root of the card is though.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Nice! Sounds like me with Avenged Sevenfold, Syn's sweep solo's is what taught me how to sweep. I'm hopefully getting to go to warped tour this year and seeing A Skylit Drive (one of if not my absolute favorite bands), Asking Alexandria, WCAR (twice in one year would be epic), A Day to Remember and a bunch of other good bands.

Have to connect to computer with usb cord or use Wifi Explorer and move that way.

A day to remember is pretty cool, i like quite a few of there songs, there one of the few bands that do the whole scream and clean vocal style, that i like. I usually prefer a band to do one or the other, its cool once in awhile, but i thinks its only good to do it once in awhile. I really like the acoustic song they have on the homesick album, that has the chik singing on it, "If it means alot to you". That song has such an epic build up and transition when they switch to electric with distortion, good stuff.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
one thing I messed up doing last time I flashed a rom, was not backing up my contacts, and my apps. How do I back up my contacts and apps, so that I can put them on Rubix once I flash it to my phone. I know how to back up a whole ROM, but I've never just backed up apps or contacts. I'm assuming Titanium Backup would work for backing up the apps, but what about backing up my contacts so that they stay the way I have them set now. Last time, i didn't back them up and I had to go through and redo all the edits i had already done to them after backup assistant added them to my phone when i first got it. (its wierd not posting on my phone, but its nice being able to type a whole lot faster lol)

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
TiBu works great for apps. Id just resync them all with your google account. Or you can export them to your sd card by contacts > menu > import/export > export to sd card then import them same way just choose import.

Sorry for long reply, its 4:40 (gotta get up in 2 hrs for school) and I was going to go to sleep but couldn't.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Its all good. Thanks for all the help bro. Imma pass out myself gotta go to work in 9hrs, i hate afternoon shift lol

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
so I just wiped data/factory reset, wiped cache, and now I'm installing Rubix Focused 2.0.1 from my SDcard, just finished installing and I'm rebooting now, so heres to hoping it works ! lol

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
sweet ! it worked perfect...my only question is when i click my home button it gives me the choice between ADW Launcher and then just "Launcher". which one is better to use and whats the difference ?

another question, whats the purpose of "QuickClock Rubix Edition" ?

Reaction score
Once I download rubix focused 1.9.5 it took me straight to pre installation..I have Droid x bootstrapper,rom manager.and busy box all installed and I'm rooted anyways when it took me to pre installation I cancelled it but it had the option to do a backup and wipe data/cache and wipe dalvic cache anyways I cancelled it because I thought u were suposto have tunic 1.9.5 installed on your SD card so I went to look to install it on my SD card and it isn't there anywhere in my apps,where is it how am I gonna be able to find it to install it from my SD card when it asks me to when I can't find it to move it to my SD card where is it did it download properly..please help