Installing a rom using the computer only?

TheBattousaixx

Reaction score
Hi, so I've been trying to install a custom rom on my droid 2 global. Whenever I use rom manager, I end up bricking my phone.

Is there a way to install a new rom using a computer with USB rather than those android apps?

If so, how?

mgarney26

Reaction score
Which custom rom are you trying to install? I don't think that there is any way you can install a custom rom using just your computer. If all else fails you could use a clockwork mod recovery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

breedingh8

Reaction score
Hi, so I've been trying to install a custom rom on my droid 2 global. Whenever I use rom manager, I end up bricking my phone.

Is there a way to install a new rom using a computer with USB rather than those android apps?

If so, how?

Download rom to pc, and copy it to phone via mass storage.. Boot into recovery and flash.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

OP
T

TheBattousaixx

Reaction score
Download rom to pc, and copy it to phone via mass storage.. Boot into recovery and flash.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

So I download the zip file for Liquid Smooth Roms on my comp? Then connect phone using USB and drag the zip into sd card? Then install from recovery?

Thank btw :)

mgarney26

Reaction score
Exactly friend...any other trouble let us know...I will be awake alllll night

breedingh8

Reaction score
So I download the zip file for Liquid Smooth Roms on my comp? Then connect phone using USB and drag the zip into sd card? Then install from recovery?

Thank btw :)

Might want to Google a guide from XDA / Rootzwiki your device and rom your flashing just incase there is anything specific...but yeah copy the download. Zip over to your SD card unmount, reboot to recovery and flash as normal.

Saugt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Intex aqua i5
Sir
I have installed a custom ROM . It installed successfully but its touch is not working . I have to plugged out the battery in order to turn it off . I have tried to install few other custom roms from the recovery of above costom ROM(it is neither CWM nor TWRP) but a error was shown "installation aborted " . Guide me how to install Stock or another custom rom from pc .Also it is not possible to connect phone as USB storage due to non working of touch .