Installer Error (Out of Space)

vahx129

Reaction score
I've been trying to install a couple of apps that I used to own (namely PicSay Pro and Better Keyboard). I don't recall if I uninstalled them or if they were just removed when I changed roms frequently.

So the problem here is that when I download either of the two apps it tells me that I'm installing over an existing program. Thing is, under manage apps, neither of the two show up. So basically, it's asking me to overwrite programs that don't exist. If I continue with the install anyway, I get the error:

"Better Keyboard/PicSay Pro could not be installed. Free up some space and try again."

I know it's not a space issue as I've double checked my storages and still have plenty of space left. I did occasionally use MyBackUp Pro and Rom Manager Pro frequently. I've looked in the market and online for advanced uninstallers but none of them can find these programs. Is there anything I can do? I tried installing the lite versions, clearing those caches, and trying again but no luck. Thanks.

Taegost

Reaction score
I've been trying to install a couple of apps that I used to own (namely PicSay Pro and Better Keyboard). I don't recall if I uninstalled them or if they were just removed when I changed roms frequently.

So the problem here is that when I download either of the two apps it tells me that I'm installing over an existing program. Thing is, under manage apps, neither of the two show up. So basically, it's asking me to overwrite programs that don't exist. If I continue with the install anyway, I get the error:

"Better Keyboard/PicSay Pro could not be installed. Free up some space and try again."

I know it's not a space issue as I've double checked my storages and still have plenty of space left. I did occasionally use MyBackUp Pro and Rom Manager Pro frequently. I've looked in the market and online for advanced uninstallers but none of them can find these programs. Is there anything I can do? I tried installing the lite versions, clearing those caches, and trying again but no luck. Thanks.

When you switched ROMs using ROM Manager, did you wipe data and cache first? If you didn't there may be holdover data that's not compatible with your current ROM, or got corrupted during the process, which can cause that.
If you haven't, then I recommend wiping data and re-installing your apps.

OP
V

vahx129

Reaction score
I've always done data and cache clears. To be safe I flashed stock and then reflashed Kangerade 1.0 with a full wipe but now whenever I start the setup application crashes and no home screen ever loads. The rom loads okay and the phone activates and sets up my email account but blacks out there. I've restored my original kangerade but the application problems still persist. Hmm...