Installed Gb over liberty

Georgedaballa

Reaction score
I installed gingerbread rooted version over liberty without wiping and now my phone wont boot up. How do i get intro recovery, or how do i fix this please.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
from a phone off state, press and hold the home button and then press and hold the power buton while still holding the home button. when the exclamation point pops up press both volume buttons. this should get you in to stock recovery where you can do a factory reset.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
Just boot into recovery or take battery out and hold power and home button. That will take you to were you can wipe data and cache.

However, I think the instructions stated not to install GB over a root Froyo version. You may need to sbf to stock and reload.

OP
G

Georgedaballa

Reaction score
If i wipe data can i get into my phone then just recover my things through titanium?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Glad it worked out...but a question if you will...

Why did you do that...install GB over Liberty?:icon_eek:
The very first post in the Droid X Gingerbread (2.3.3) - Release - PreRooted release thread makes it pretty clear that you need to SBF back to 2.3.340 Stock?

"Well this is what we all were waiting for, Gingerbread, DroidX and Root
Follow these directions carefully.

To get back to stock:

1. Grab the SBF File

You must start the process with your phone running the official 2.3.340. If you have already upgraded to gingerbread grab this 2.3.340 sbf file.... 2.3.340 Official SBF file."

Not trying to mock you, but, had you read the instructions and applied them accordingly, you wouldnt have had this issue...:icon_eek:

RIF.jpg

timelord

Reaction score
Exactly, 99% of all problems are due to not following instructions.