Instagram for Android Now Available

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
instagramandroid.jpeg

Instagram is making its long-awaited debut on Android today. Already a huge success on iOS and boasting over 27 million users, you can now pick up the app in the Google Play Store. Instagram for Android carries over all of the awesome filters and features that have made the iPhone version so popular. You can quickly snap a photo, add a custom effect, and then share it to Instagram's network, as well as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Foursquare. Instagram says that Flickr sharing is coming real soon as well. Snatch it up and post up your pics. Enjoy!!

DOWNLOAD

rpgerrick

Reaction score
Supposedly I have Instagram installed (Google Play when I log in through my PC says I do), but it isn't showing up on my phone at all. Thoughts?

A.Brooks

Reaction score
Pixlr-o-Matic DESTROYS this. It's not even remotely close, sucks that I waited so long for this and it's such a monster letdown.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Pixlr-o-Matic DESTROYS this. It's not even remotely close, sucks that I waited so long for this and it's such a monster letdown.

There's some apps that probably have better "effects" but Instagram is so popular because of it's social network...

griz8791

Reaction score
Some Android developers I follow on Google+ have been ripping Instagram all afternoon. Reading between the lines, it sounds like iPhone users had to have an app like this to get their pics onto Facebook, but it serves no real purpose on Android.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wish it had more effects.. if it wasn't for the social aspect of it, it wouldn't be that good. Pixlr-o-Matic has so many more features.

However, I'll stick with my beautiful Photoshop Cs5.

Signum

Reaction score
instagram went from a gated community to section 8 in 1 day

???

Reaction score
Some Android developers I follow on Google+ have been ripping Instagram all afternoon. Reading between the lines, it sounds like iPhone users had to have an app like this to get their pics onto Facebook, but it serves no real purpose on Android.

that's kinda want I figured cause it seems. totally worthless to me so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Pffff.... android users trying to be a hipster. Android dont need gimmick app. We don't need to follow iphone users. Just my opinion.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

ricky0702

Reaction score
available for Android but not for the HTC Flyer...

Lame sauce! :-(