Instagram Downloads Surpass 1 Million Already; New Update Fixes Camera Crashes

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
instagram_main.jpg

We have a couple stories in one regarding Instagram. First up, the amazing app has already been downloaded more than 1 Million times before a full day had even passed. Obviously, the word is out on this excellent piece of software, and folks are either anxious to get it because they have used it before, or they just want to see what all the hubbub is about.

Our second story is that Instagram has already received a new update that fixes a bug that causes some users cameras to crash. The devs behind Instagram were really on the ball and knocked out the update within hours of it being reported. It It looks like we have another exciting success story on Android! At this rate, this app could end up being even more popular on Android than on iOS.

Source: PhoneArena

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I was hoping it could be used to quickly send an image to text message or e-mail. Even send it to Dropbox, Box or something. But its only for social media sites and I quit using those a while ago. I have more than enough apps to apply filters to my images. I doubt I'll open it again.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was hoping it could be used to quickly send an image to text message or e-mail. Even send it to Dropbox, Box or something. But its only for social media sites and I quit using those a while ago. I have more than enough apps to apply filters to my images. I doubt I'll open it again.

I'm with you. I just don't get it honestly...

sent from my phone

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Agreed, all of its features are redundant. Take a picture, apply a filter, upload to social network. Nothing new here!

arparaspolo

Reaction score
This is just a way to express yourself to your friends through photos and only photos. It is clean and simple. Like twitter with just pictures. I have only been using it for one day being as I am on android. But I do like it.

IAmTheHuff

Reaction score
You should check out all the hate this is getting on Twitter. Its hillarious to watch them all pout.

#instagram
#instagramforandroid

:biggrin:

arparaspolo

Reaction score
You should check out all the hate this is getting on Twitter. Its hillarious to watch them all pout.

#instagram
#instagramforandroid
:biggrin:

This is one of the (Apple only) apps that the hipster iPhone users bragged about Android not having. I have a lot of friends and some family that have iPhones and use this app. Just another step towards showing that Android is ultimately better than the iPhone. And they are all afraid of that HAHAHAHA

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If that person came on this forum and started talking trash, I might actually turn my back to what happens to him... at least for a minute or so. :blink:

arparaspolo

Reaction score
To say people that don't have iPhones are poor is one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard lol. It isn't that we are poor, it is that we don't have to want to be like everyone else. We have a sense of self and style and don't want a cookie cutter device.

Josefius

Reaction score
Hahahaha sweet sweet iphone hipster tears on twitter DancingNexus

I'm only happy because I like pissing fan boys off, I don't have a problem with Apple other than them being a patent troll.

What ever works for you, I guess.

Last edited:

arparaspolo

Reaction score
I don't like fanboys in general. But something about the Apple ones irk me more than the others lol. And as far as the patent stuff, Apple is having the light shed on their product by the Android community and they are scared. They are trying their hardest to stop their competition. Because it is now a competition. The main thing I don't like about Apple is their lack of imagination and design in their products. They make the simplest and basic design and label it as sleek and intelligent and charge an arm and a leg as if it were special. Android devices are no cheaper but you can get exactly what you want. Apple has one design for each of their products. It is quite genius. They don't have to think about anything. They can keep the same design forever and add one feature each year with their "New" product. And cost stay down cause they don't have many parts to make. I just wish they had some variety in their lineup. Black or white isn't a variety.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's not turn this thread into an Apple vs Android thing... there are plenty of those around. I didn't help by posting that tweet, so my bad on that, but let's try and get back on Instagram now.